Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody.

I have a little problem with my GPU setup that's been bugging me for a while. The windows SMP client seems to be causing this (see pic). Anybody got any idea how to fix this ? Sometimes everything is fine, it seems to depend on WUs..
Is this just due to the very early Fermi WUs ?

Thanks a bunch

[ doh @ thread title, I notice now it's a bit misleading. I'm running 2x GPU3 clients + SMP, but only the *second* gpu is bugging out ]
LL

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
I normally pay no attention to GPU usage on these programs while Folding on multiple GPUs. They will often show incorrect usage (like 0%, yet the GPU is definitely Folding).

What's the PPD like?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac View Post
I normally pay no attention to GPU usage on these programs while Folding on multiple GPUs. They will often show incorrect usage (like 0%, yet the GPU is definitely Folding).

What's the PPD like?
Clocks are stock. The PPD was a bit low, ~6000 according to fahspy. Most of the time it's at 13400 though..

looks like wonky WU's.

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
Funny how when I related the idea that Stanford could possibly have created an unstable WU I was soundly trounced, but you get away with it.

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
Stanford do have unstable WUs... but only a specific Run/Clone/Gen. Not the entire Project.

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
Let's not get off topic but I was taken to task by suggesting some -bigadv WU's were more unstable than others.Do we need to review all the posts?

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
You mean P2684 compared to P2685/86/92? That's being more stressful and part of the project itself... not necessarily a bad WU.

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
No... a bad WU is an exception within a Project... like the Gen 44 GPU WUs which completed in 5 mins, but gave full points. Or the Gen 32 WU that crashed the second you opened it. They are bad WUs.

Projects like 511s on GPUs and 6041s on SMP, which crash previously stable OCs, are just more stressful WUs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts