Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am running into a very strange issue with Real Bench, after about 7 minutes into my stress test, a few of my hardware monitoring programs will start flashing on one of my screens, and then eventually I will get a display driver has stopped working error. My video card has no overclock on it while doing this stress test, I am mainly just testing out the CPU overclock. Also I am not adjusting the base clock at all, just using the multiplier. I have tried to DDU and reinstall a new driver, but I am still getting this issue, driver is 362.00 on a 980ti.

·
Registered
894 Posts
video card is unstable. underclock it or increase voltage.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateneth View Post

video card is unstable. underclock it or increase voltage.
Video card is at stock speeds currently and was 100% stable at 1529/8000 on my old Z97 board. I went and reset my bios to factory settings, re-ran the test and got a blue screen, driver_corrupted_expool. Uninstalled the 362.00, DDU in safemode, installed the newest drivers.. Getting the same issue with realbench but it didn't bluescreen, both msi afterburner and another program will flash off and on screen.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2cam View Post

Video card is at stock speeds currently and was 100% stable at 1529/8000 on my old Z97 board. I went and reset my bios to factory settings, re-ran the test and got a blue screen, driver_corrupted_expool. Uninstalled the 362.00, DDU in safemode, installed the newest drivers.. Getting the same issue with realbench but it didn't bluescreen, both msi afterburner and another program will flash off and on screen.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff560192(v=vs.85).aspx
I hope this can help troubleshoot further. You seem like you straightened out the drivers as much as possible, but trying again won't hurt.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Account Banned View Post

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff560192(v=vs.85).aspx
I hope this can help troubleshoot further. You seem like you straightened out the drivers as much as possible, but trying again won't hurt.
Thank you for this sir, got a little bit of an update, I went ahead and switched pci-e ports, after a 15 minute run of real bench I got no issues at all, going to try to enable my video card overclock and see what happens next.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I enabled my 24/7 video card overclock along with my 4.5ghz overclock at 1.31volts on my 5820k and everything ran perfectly on a 15 minute real bench run. Now I can finish my cpu overclock without this headache! It was either a bad seat on my video card or that #1 pci-e slot has an issue. If I get some time I might test that first slot a little more, sucks if it is bad because I just bought this board
frown.gif

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well late last night I decided to try it again and low and behold I got the same issue, this morning I stumbled upon this.. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57706-Display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered

If you read all the way through the thread, looks like some people are having this issue, seems to be a driver conflicting with the software, apparently 347.88 works just fine, so looks like I will be stabalizing my OC on 347.88 and then when im done I will go back up to 362.00

·
Overclocked
3,904 Posts
I have the same problem with 364.72. MSI Afterburner ended up to be the culprit for me, a compatibility issue with new drivers maybe?. Close it during the stress test and if your system is stable display driver errors won't show during RB stress tests.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessKnight View Post

I have the same problem with 364.72. MSI Afterburner ended up to be the culprit for me, a compatibility issue with new drivers maybe?. Close it during the stress test and if your system is stable display driver errors won't show during RB stress tests.
Tried closing it, but then my software for my temp monitoring freaks out, going to just roll back to verify my cpu is stable at this voltage / multiplier (4.5ghz @ 1.31), then go back up to the newer drivers

·
Registered
414 Posts
"Tried closing it, but then my software for my temp monitoring freaks out, "

You should really only ever have one program monitoring temps/settings active at a time, otherwise they can interfere with each other. MSI AB accesses the sensors via the RivaTuner companion, so if you have an additional monitor running, that could be the problem. Just make sure you have only one of the various sensor monitors running during your tests.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwinn View Post

"Tried closing it, but then my software for my temp monitoring freaks out, "

You should really only ever have one program monitoring temps/settings active at a time, otherwise they can interfere with each other. MSI AB accesses the sensors via the RivaTuner companion, so if you have an additional monitor running, that could be the problem. Just make sure you have only one of the various sensor monitors running during your tests.
I've tried it with both closed, still get the same thing. I installed a windows 7 copy to an extra SSD that I have sitting in my computer, went to an older driver and that seemed to work, right now im at 4.6ghz at 1.32v. I think that is where I am going to leave my OC, even with the extra cooling headroom the predator 360 gives me, this is good enough for a 24/7 OC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts