Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last Tuesday (march 3rd) i ordered my ram and heatsink from Directcanada.com so i get all the emails about shipping and what not, and come Thursday i get home and am greeted by a beautiful medium sized box. so i grab a knife and open her up, and what do i find, only the heatsink is in the box
. so i email directcanada, and they inform me that the ram is "out of stock", when ordered it i checked to make sure, and it was in stock, and when i got this email say it was out, i quickly went to check, and yet again, "In Stock". The rep that emailed me said it would take 3-5 business days from Thursday for it to become in stock again and then they would ship it out.

Im just wondering what your guys opinions on this would be, im not sure weather there actually out, or what. cause the site clearly states they are in stock???

If this is in the wrong section, mods can move it, but i didn't know were else to go.

Thanks guys, im hoping it comes in withing the next couple of days.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,147 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by richardshewfelt
View Post

So last Tuesday (march 3rd) i ordered my ram and heatsink from Directcanada.com so i get all the emails about shipping and what not, and come Thursday i get home and am greeted by a beautiful medium sized box. so i grab a knife and open her up, and what do i find, only the heatsink is in the box
. so i email directcanada, and they inform me that the ram is "out of stock", when ordered it i checked to make sure, and it was in stock, and when i got this email say it was out, i quickly went to check, and yet again, "In Stock". The rep that emailed me said it would take 3-5 business days from Thursday for it to become in stock again and then they would ship it out.

Im just wondering what your guys opinions on this would be, im not sure weather there actually out, or what. cause the site clearly states they are in stock???

If this is in the wrong section, mods can move it, but i didn't know were else to go.

Thanks guys, im hoping it comes in withing the next couple of days.

I think there's nothing to worry about. Some stores just have websites that don't accurately reflect their inventory.

So, I say wait the 3-5 business days and see if you get an e-mail stating that it has shipped. If it hasn't been shipped out by the 6th business day (or late in the afternoon on the 5th business day), then there's either a chance the store is still waiting on mushkin to re-stock their inventory, or the store just received the memory and is just a day or two away from shipping it.

And since this is mushkin, and because mushkin is cool, I recommend contacting them about this to see if they can tell you whether or not they know if DirectCanada.com has this memory in stock, or whether or not mushkin has received any orders from them in order to get their inventory re-stocked so they can fulfill their own orders.

Either way, I say there's nothing to worry about. I used to work for a catalog company who made educational toys, and there were several times where their site said that an item was in stock, but it actually wasn't.

• Rep+
Reactions: richardshewfelt

·
Registered
406 Posts
ncix does that to me all the time. worst part about them is the fact they fail to tell that. ive had orders and RMAs where they wre out of stock, and after waiting almost 3 weeks i email them to tell them the problem and thats when they decide to tell me " hey were out of stock , my bad)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright that's what i thought, that i should just wait it out and see, i may try and contact mushkin but i probably will just wait and see, i wish that there site said they were out if it did i would have spend the extra 10 bucks for the stuff that was in.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,147 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Alright that's what i thought, that i should just wait it out and see, i may try and contact mushkin but i probably will just wait and see, i wish that there site said they were out if it did i would have spend the extra 10 bucks for the stuff that was in.

Well, what's done is done and it's all in the past. So, try to stop wishing that you had known it was out of stock. It'll only make you feel negative emotions, and you don't need that! Well, nobody does, but still. Perhaps with this site in particular, you learned that it's a good idea to contact them before you order to see if the item is in stock and then place your oder accordingly. Everything happens for a reason.

• Rep+
Reactions: richardshewfelt

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,147 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Double post (i know) just wanted to say the ram came in today, with no further emails from direct.

Then all I can say is "whew". I'm glad that it didn't get lost in transit. That certainly would have been interesting, to say the least.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts