Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says I'm using an i5 2500k overclocked to 4500mhz stable with an EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 and currently 16gb ram on a Corsair Force 3 SSD. Also just recently got an ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms monitor as my main display while also using an older ASUS 60hz monitor as my secondary display. I have been getting less than expected framerates since I got the new GTX 970 in my games whenever I have anything open on the second monitor. If it's just WoW or LoL on my main display everything is fine but if I open a Twitch stream on my second monitor my framerate drops to half and it gets choppy and eventually stutters and I have to close the stream and relog on the game I'm on to get the performance back to stable. I'm not sure what the issue is but I was expecting this superclocked 970 to be able to play a video game at 144hz and be able to handle a stream at the same time. Any advice is appreciated and I'm sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this but this is very frustrating.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
there have been lots of problems reported about this on nvidias site, although I don't have any with my G1 Gaming GTX 970 but they did release driver 347.09 today and 900 series owners are giving better reports, I have been running the new driver for a few hours now and even though I had no problems it does seem to give me better game performance and it has really boosted my benchmark score.
driver 347.09 here is the benchmark performance difference .

driver 344.75

1 - 3 of 3 Posts