Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, guys.

I have a very weird problem with my processor (4000+). When I overclock it (no matter how much) under XP, everything is okay. I've went up to 2.73, but I keep it under 2.7 GHZ. A while ago, I installed Vista 64bit and... it caused hundreds of weird problems. Failing to start, giving some weird errors. I removed the clock and it was all cool. But for Vista - no point to be with no clock. So I reversed back to XP.

Now I just installed a fresh Windows 7. And guess what... FAIL. In the installation, with clock, it gave me a blue screen. I removed it and installed without clock (default BIOS settings). Now I just tried to clock it up and... FAIL. Right before the Windows logo comes up, the computer restarts.

So, I would like to ask you for help - how do I fix this? And why under XP it's all cool for like... months and under 7 (and Vista) it fails.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
When you are overclocking to get back to 2.7Ghz, are you doing it in one leap, or several steps? Also, have you tested it to be a stable overclock on any Operating System? What volt settings are you using?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts