Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night i sold my SAMMY HDTV and ordered me a monitor on Newegg. In preperation for the new monitrs arrival i have switched back to my AV cables and been playing on an SDTV while i wait for it to arrive and ive encountered some massive problems. After setting the PS3s settings back to 480i and 4:3 aspect ratio the screen is still akward. In street fighter it cuts the right and left sections of the screen out and i can hardly see the player portraits during fights. Even worst in Burst Limit even tho i can adjust screen size theres always black bars up top and bottom and the left and right portions of the screen are cut out. Even now my web browsers doing it and even the XMB does. Ive tried it on another SDTV and had the same problem... i really dont get why my games dont scale right on a good ol fashion TV like this but maybe my PS3 is just accustomed to HDs now? All help is appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
well does it happen on all games?

because im pretty sure SFIV only supports 720p

check the back of the box, and if it only shows 720p thats your problem.

game was made for a widescreen

·
Registered
372 Posts
power off ps3. hold the power button. it will beep and then again to reset vid to default. if that first work I think there's an option somewhere in settings to turn widescreen off in games. all my ps3 does is folds so can't check to be sure.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by zelix View Post
well does it happen on all games?

because im pretty sure SFIV only supports 720p

check the back of the box, and if it only shows 720p thats your problem.

game was made for a widescreen
Every game on PS3 supports 480i, it's a neccesity. Even on the back of the box it specifically says 'supported HD video output' so in other words that has nothing to do with the SD. I even tried out PixelJunk Monsters, and i used to play it on this exact SDTV and even if has black bars on top & bottom. I've even messed with the screen scale option and its reading it like my display is widescreen.

Also, i've reset my PS3's display and everything and it's still cut off..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts