Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told the OCZ StealthxStream 700w gives terrible voltage ripples when over 600w on load. So I decided to see the readings before deciding to change my PSU... This is the result...?

12V Idle

12V Load

5V Idle

5V Load

I don't know why I'm getting this readings... I tested against a AAA battery and it read 2.0-2.1v. When I tried my Analog Multimeter(20 years old) on it, it read 2.0-2.1v too. I don't know whats going on here...

PSU: OCZ StealthxStream 700w

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
An AAA battery, if LR44, should not be giving out 2.0V. It should be at 1.5V instead.

Something is acting weird here.

If the voltages were this high it would've killed something by now.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
An AAA battery, if LR44, should not be giving out 2.0V. It should be at 1.5V instead.

Something is acting weird here.

If the voltages were this high it would've killed something by now.
Yeah, I know. Which is why I'm so confused here... My old but definitely working Analog Multimeter read the battery as 2.0v too o.0

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
If these readings are correct you better change the PSU before your rig dies. Just in case buy a new cheap multimeter and try again, but this psu is no good as the voltages are too high(or you are not using a multimeter correctly)

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
He is using the multimeter correctly.

I just cannot understand why it gets this.

Bring the MM down to a PC store or something, and take it to one of their computers that are already plugged in and running.

Measure the Volts off a Molex like with your own PSU.

Tell us what you get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts