Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Acer XB271HU a month ago, everything seems fine, but sometimes (like several times per week) I encounter a strange issue when switching to/from fullscreen (opening or minimizing a game) or changing settings in Nvidia panel (refresh rate, ...) or turning on the monitor after it goes to sleep in idle.

It looks like this (not a real screenshot):

There are like additional 5-10 pixels to the right duplicating a line from the center (actually not really duplicating, the line in the original position is not completely missing, but there are some issues, for example text letters in that position displayed only partially).

It's not visible if I take a screenshot, so I guess it's not OS issue.

It goes back to normal if I repeat any of the actions above.

What can it be? Has anyone encountered this?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Yeah Gsync does some weird things, i haven't noticed this on my monitor, but 10fps in games sometimes with gsync on and borderless windowed and just have to alt tab out and back in and it fixes it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here are some workarounds: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/9ycaf6/psa_100_workaround_for_the_gsync_vertical_line_of/

Not sure about the first message, seems like it just minimizes the chance by disabling deep sleep and not alt-tabing, though some people confirm that enabling 165 Hz (instead of 144) helps, but in the comments there are some useful tricks like an Autohotkey script to quickly turn off the monitor + link to Acer firmware update discussion (can be updated only by a repair center?).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts