Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting this weird problem,,, started in COD 2 ,, where the screen would lock up,, slowly particle lines appear and the speakers play random crazy static,,,, I raised my vcore a tad and it seemed to solve the problem and has been gone for days,,,, its prime 10+ hours,,, 3dmark and playing COD for 2+ hours stable,,,

enter X-mass and Quake 4 --> well its back,,, started playing and its locks up no more then 2-5 mins into the game at first I get a flash of a BOSD then it reboots,,.. so I load it at default speeds to see if its an overclock problem and it does it again,,, reboot auto and BSOD for a second,,,,

Finally I boot back into windows and now im just in windows opening a web browser and it freezes and I get the static noise and I have to manually reboot,,, so is this an X-fi , NF4 , DFI issue,,, is it a overclock issue? or any ideas?

-----------------------------

Using latest nvidia drivers and chipset drivers

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
X-HiFi and a quirk rings a bell.. not sure, anyone else have any facts on that?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Well, for the particle lines, try reseating the vid card, and reinstalling the drivers and see if that helps at all.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay im trying a few things,,, ill try to look up some info on the X-fi glitch,,, but also it just seems like maybe a sound card issue because I crashed on the desktop and sound started coming out of the speakers all the weird noises,,, when there was no sound being sent to my card or speakers from going to a website,,,

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi guys very new to this ! and wanted to no is my rig set at its best I.E cpu speed htt and all thar stuff ? am running a AMD64 3000+ / ASUS KV8SE DLUXE 1536 DDR RAM any help on this would be great

thx

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by THE_SAINT

Hi guys very new to this ! and wanted to no is my rig set at its best I.E cpu speed htt and all thar stuff ? am running a AMD64 3000+ / ASUS KV8SE DLUXE 1536 DDR RAM any help on this would be great

thx

Please start a post of your own

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cant seem to get this worked out,,, my computer is Prime stable,,, I ran successful 8+ hours of ,,, SMALL,, LARGE and BLEND,,, dual priming over the last few days and no problems,,, its also 3dmark and sandra stable,,, but when im randomly surfing the web or sometimes when im in game I will get a crash ,,, system locks up sound starts spewing out of the speakers,,,, and it gets really glitchy,,,

When I reboot it automatically goes into BIOS,,,,, what does it seem like,,,

Is it a ram issue or what not,,,,?

Could it be a sound card glitch only when im overclocking?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephane

I dont know if this would be a problem, but have you checked all of your heat sensors - cpu, vid card, etc?

I checked all my heat sensors because I thought it may be a problem also when i was crashing during game play,,,and my temps seemed normal,,, and now that i occasionally crash just surfing the web I dont think its a heat issue,,,

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thought that maybe even a loose heatsink would still cause some slowdown and still freezing. Have you tried running it for awhile in safe mode as well?

trying to give you some suggestions to try ;p

·
Registered
131 Posts
This is prolly A long shot but you never know. I had a similar problem recently and it turns out the power supply fan was going out. Only times I've seen psu fans go out they just quit and you crash about 2 minutes after boot everytime. Mine fan was still turning and I thought it was pushing air, turns out fans can go bad without quiting all the way. I curseth the dc fan. Anyway try holding a bic lighter behind your psu fan, it should blow the lighter out if not swap it with a case fan and your set. Oh yeah and good luck.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
I know what your problem is, i had the same problem one time. It is your harddrive, either it is loosing the smart feature or it is just stopping but i am pretty sure it is your harddrive.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerand

I know what your problem is, i had the same problem one time. It is your harddrive, either it is loosing the smart feature or it is just stopping but i am pretty sure it is your harddrive.

few questions,,,, 1. what is the smart feature?
2. how would being overclocked or at stock effect this unless its just coincidence that its locking up when im OCed...
3. It was actually locking up I noticed when it was Overclocked and when quake 4 tried to do an auto save,,,, at times it would try to write the auto save and then crash,,,, but if im not overclocked it seems to work okay,,,

4. were you getting the weird sound issue?

thanks for all the replies so far ill start poking around at the other advice

1 - 15 of 15 Posts