Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Did you use the TIM (paste) pre-installed on the cold plate? Its good stuff. I found that my older H100 preferred a ceramic-based TIM.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Set your voltage lower. 1.31v for 4.4Ghz is definitely unnecessarily high. Try 1.2 and see if it is stable. if not, go to 1.225 etc

Apply the TIM with the grain of rice method (slightly longer than an actual grain of rice, but you want it in a vertical line on the center of the chip. Then when you set the heatplate of your Nepton cooler onto the chip, give it a little shimmy/twist or 2 and then fasten the cooler as normal.

IBT and Prime95 are notorious for extremely high temps and yours are pretty normal. You can improve upon them, but it's not surprising. There are a lot of these same thread every day so lots of people experience the same.

Aida64 is a very lightweight and not particularly useful stress test. You can pass AIDA64 for a long time and then get BSOD on normal loads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgunnas View Post

I thought you aren't supposed to p95 on a Haswell.
p95 is fine on Haswell but the most recent version 28.5 with AVX functions is really really extreme. It's better to use 27.9

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by electro2u View Post

Set your voltage lower. 1.31v for 4.4Ghz is definitely unnecessarily high. Try 1.2 and see if it is stable. if not, go to 1.225 etc

Apply the TIM with the grain of rice method (slightly longer than an actual grain of rice, but you want it in a vertical line on the center of the chip. Then when you set the heatplate of your Nepton cooler onto the chip, give it a little shimmy/twist or 2 and then fasten the cooler as normal.

IBT and Prime95 are notorious for extremely high temps and yours are pretty normal. You can improve upon them, but it's not surprising. There are a lot of these same thread every day so lots of people experience the same.

Aida64 is a very lightweight and not particularly useful stress test. You can pass AIDA64 for a long time and then get BSOD on normal loads.
p95 is fine on Haswell but the most recent version 28.5 with AVX functions is really really extreme. It's better to use 27.9
I went from auto CPU Voltage to Manual and I'm stable at 1.15V 4.4GHz. Peak temp of 77c on IBT AVX but generally hovered and averaged at around 60-63c. Using OCCT and Aida64 temps were around 57-61c. Will order some better MX4 thermal compound and see if there are any improvements.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan98 View Post

I went from auto CPU Voltage to Manual and I'm stable at 1.15V 4.4GHz. Peak temp of 77c on IBT AVX but generally hovered and averaged at around 60-63c. Using OCCT and Aida64 temps were around 57-61c. Will order some better MX4 thermal compound and see if there are any improvements.
I sadi OCCT but I meant x264, sorry. It's a little less user-friendly you have to set it up properly but the OP of that thread I linked above explains it. Sounds like you have solved the issue anyway, good work!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by electro2u View Post

I sadi OCCT but I meant x264, sorry. It's a little less user-friendly you have to set it up properly but the OP of that thread I linked above explains it. Sounds like you have solved the issue anyway, good work!
Going to run 100 loops of this overnight, check the results and see what I can get in terms of OC's
biggrin.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts