Well I guess, that you need more options so. I don't know your experience so, I have explained everything.
- Bad sectors on the hard-drive.
- Driver fail
- Improper Settings of programs.
If there are any bad sectors, it may give read/write errors that is freezing your pc.
Maybe your pc is disconnecting your secondary HD from time to time and because windows wants to mount the drive and read out the HD internal specs, the pc freezes. This can happen, when the HD has a bad connection (hardware) or The drivers are conflicting with a program/other piece of hardware.(software)
Improper Settings of programs.
Maybe a program is using the HD as temporary storage, or when the program is shutting down its trying to somehow read/write:
Its possible that your using the HD as storage for saved files, for your game. Considering its personal data, some programs store this in my documents or your primary file storage.
1. Make sure all the Cables are properly connected.
2. Run the HDtune Hard disk test, and see if there are any red dots after the test. If there are any, run CHKDISK (Start, Run, CHKDISK).
Run the test with auto repair bad sectors and files. If the program said that some sectors can't be repaired, than its probably a good time to replace it.
3. If the problem occurs again, see if the HD gets disconnected in "My Computer".
4. See where your Game's stores safe files or where you have your files.
5. Remove your secondary HD from your system and use the system for a while, to see if the problem persist.
6. Update your drivers, and look up if there any more people have problems with your specific HD/drivers.
Well this is about all, I could think of.
If it does not work after this, go ask a professional at customer service of your brand HD.
Let me know, Greetings.