Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve been running this loop for about 3 weeks and yesterday I’ve noticed this strange white discoloration on the PTGE tubing, I’m going to flush the system and see if it’s any kind of residue or if it has anything to do with the sunlight, but has anyone had anything like this before? Any ideas what it could be? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Rig Advisor
2,010 Posts
So I’ve been running this loop for about 3 weeks and yesterday I’ve noticed this strange white discoloration on the PTGE tubing, I’m going to flush the system and see if it’s any kind of residue or if it has anything to do with the sunlight, but has anyone had anything like this before? Any ideas what it could be? Thanks!
What brand tubing?
What brand and type coolant?
What was the max loop temp you noticed?

·
Rig Advisor
2,010 Posts
Primochill Tubing
Mayhems Pastel coolant
and I think the highest temp i got was 75
COOLANT TEMP 75c??????

Is that White pastel with red coloring added?

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,085 Posts
No it's just regular Red Pastel pre-mix
I know that the last batch of pastels that went out from Mayhems had an issue as the mfg of one of the components changed the formulation without telling anyone. Perhaps this is linked to that? I don't really know what the symptoms were. Post up in the Mayhems thread - https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-water-cooling/1286896-official-mayhems-users-club-1752.html#post28562874
You may get your answers there, and if it is a Mayhems issue, they have been making good for people.

·
Premium Member
2,841 Posts
Contact our support please via our web site they will help you out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I’ve taken everything apart. Definitely a white gunk of some kind. I’m just wondering how much of it is in the radiators. Now how would I clean this loop? Would blitz 2 help? Or just run hot distilled water through for a while ? Man, it’s very disappointing to have your first custom loop gunk up like this in a few weeks. I understand **** happens but I’ll tell you , it’s very discouraging after spending hours building this. Contacted Mayhem support a couple of days ago, still waiting for an answer. What really sucks is I don’t have any other kind of coolant than the Mayhems Pastel one so that means I’m without a computer for a few days ... just very frustrated....

Attachments

·
New to Ryzen
332 Posts
Just another example of why I run clear coolant.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Rep+
Reactions: ThrashZone

·
Lost in SoCal
472 Posts
After you clean everything, just run distilled water for a few days- it gives you a chance to see if there is anything left hidden in the lop.

·
Premium Member
2,841 Posts
Whats happend is the system is PH un Balanced, its fallen out, if you contacted our support as suggested to you, you would have been given a free blitz kit, replacement coolant and also water to help cleaning the system. ...... To late now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whats happend is the system is PH un Balanced, its fallen out, if you contacted our support as suggested to you, you would have been given a free blitz kit, replacement coolant and also water to help cleaning the system. ...... To late now.
??????????
I've contacted support as you suggested 5 days ago and been talking to Ian. What do you mean "too late now"?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm pretty confused about this statement. I've sent you a personal message about contacting your customer service and not hearing back, even giving you my ticket number.
You told me that you were going to send him a message.
Now you're talking as if i haven't contacted both you and the customer service and telling me "too late now" ?

"Mayhem 08-11-2020 02:23 AM
Support is run out of house and may be bizzy but ill fire him a message. Some times you have to fire a second one for it to be flagged up.
View Full Collapse
Desdenova
08-10-2020 03:44 AMDesdenova
Quote: Originally Posted by Mayhem
Hi weve spoke to titain rig and they should have pulled all affected products as we have refunded them.
I still havent heard back from mayhems support. It's been 3 days..
Ticket #12096"

·
Premium Member
2,841 Posts
Ah right, reading above it never said that, "to late now" is the reference we normally ask for samples however atm, I've asked Ian to just sort anyone out with issues however we can and get them up and running as quickly as possible as we found the cause and pulled all pastel because of it. Glad ians on it, btw i deal with that much i forgot about your PM lol. I really need to get more staff in...

·
Overclocker in training
13,062 Posts
So I’ve taken everything apart. Definitely a white gunk of some kind. I’m just wondering how much of it is in the radiators. Now how would I clean this loop? Would blitz 2 help? Or just run hot distilled water through for a while ? Man, it’s very disappointing to have your first custom loop gunk up like this in a few weeks. I understand **** happens but I’ll tell you , it’s very discouraging after spending hours building this. Contacted Mayhem support a couple of days ago, still waiting for an answer. What really sucks is I don’t have any other kind of coolant than the Mayhems Pastel one so that means I’m without a computer for a few days ... just very frustrated....
Hi,
Yeah that's quite a mess :eek:

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,085 Posts
Like someone said before...another reason i use clear crystal stuff.....
Same here. Who needs this aggravation for the sake of posting a couple of photos in forums?

·
Rig Advisor
2,010 Posts
Same here. Who needs this aggravation for the sake of posting a couple of photos in forums?
God, I do! I mean, i'm OCD and a clean freak, i'm just dying for a clog so I can clean my loop and add fresh coolant. Nothing like the smell of new coolant in the morning.

·
Overclocker in training
13,062 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts