Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I keep getting a white screen while watching flash videos and I don't know why.
I've Googled around for a few hours but nobody has the same white screen as I do, basically I will be watching a video then all of a sudden my screen turns white and there's this weird static noise. The only way to get out of it is to manually flip the switch on my power supply since the power and reset buttons don't work when it happens. My video card isn't overclocked at all, and my CPU is stable at 4Ghz. I can play games and fold 24/7 on my CPU and GPU without this happening. Please help!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Reinstall flash?

You say the power buttons on your PC don't work at all, that shouldn't be right. Sounds like a motherboard issue maybe.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've reinstalled flash multiple times & I don't see how it could be a motherboard issue if this only happens when I'm watching flash videos. :\\

·
Registered
270 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
I've reinstalled flash multiple times & I don't see how it could be a motherboard issue if this only happens when I'm watching flash videos. :\\
Could have to do with the ati drivers for 5xxx ATM, their 2d performance is ****, some people have problems with flash. Some even get GSODS from watching youtube.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
He has an HD 4890, somehow I doubt the HD 5xxx drivers are going to affect him at all.

I say motherboard because it's the motherboard that controls the power/reset buttons on the case.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually my 4890 hasn't come in yet, forgot to mention that. I'm still using my 9800GTX. I think I may have had an unstable overclock, I passed OCCT on the default stress test, but I just switched it to "Large data set" and I got an error within 10 mins. Just finished tweaking voltages and I'm 40 mins into the large data set test with no errors. If all goes well after this 1 hour test I'm gonna run some prime95 just to make sure I'm 100% stable.

Edit: Woot passed OCCT

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the double post but I am still experiencing troubles with flash. After switching out my 9800 for my 4890 I no longer get a white screen but it is still hanging my entire system up. Pretty much the same thing is happening as when I was getting the white screen except now my computer just freezes instead of showing a white screen. I'm still assuming its my overclock, but I'm completely stable doing anything else except using flash. Guess I will just have to use HTML5

1 - 7 of 7 Posts