Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally talked my friend into joining, he is ByteCaptain,
profile http://www.overclock.net/member.php?userid=3619

I can vouch for what he says, he is the king of extra parts, I built my first Linux box from his junkyard. He is probably one of the best references for Linux and Servers that we could have.

I have PMed this post to him, so please take part in welcoming him to the forum.

Ps. he has like 12 comps always on at his house with a very high speed connection, I have talked him into folding, but he is waiting to make sure his net is completely secure before starting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was the king of extra parts but I've been giving them away over the last few months and my junkyard is diminishing rapidly. I may set up a little folding cluster (4 pentium I) if I can get the overclocking to work. A lot of that software has been depreciated, so it will get it's own subnet, for security purposes.

...Completely secure? I'm not sure that's possible, but I can make the network quite paranoid...

so far this is a cool site.

BC

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

I have finally talked my friend into joining, he is ByteCaptain,
profile http://www.overclock.net/member.php?userid=3619

I can vouch for what he says, he is the king of extra parts, I built my first Linux box from his junkyard. He is probably one of the best references for Linux and Servers that we could have.

I have PMed this post to him, so please take part in welcoming him to the forum.

Ps. he has like 12 comps always on at his house with a very high speed connection, I have talked him into folding, but he is waiting to make sure his net is completely secure before starting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't worked with it much. Mostly I've been focused on the network end of things for the past few years. Now it's back to slogging code for the next bit and try to get some street cred.

I'll repost weblinks when the upgrades are done.

Thanks for the welcome.

BC

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

good to have you here.... are you any good with mythTV????
been considering trying that setup in the future

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK BC,
now that you have been welcomed search the forum for some situation which are your expertise and lets see how many reps you can get in 2 weeks.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Welcome ByteCaptain.

I really dont know crap about computers, But I like to throw random parts together and hope they work.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

Welcome ByteCaptain.

I really dont know crap about computers, But I like to throw random parts together and hope they work.

:shades: you and me are in the same boat, man... lol hopefully by christmas i'll have a working comp other than the dell that i'm being imprisoned with right now. gee, hope, what a wonderful thing...

lol thanks for the rep crash

1 - 8 of 8 Posts