Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well....i wasnt happy with the temps i was getting with my polo 735 cooler....48-49 under load with fan running on medium...would go lower if i wanted to deal with the noise...lol.
I switched coolers to the Thermaltake silent tower
http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/c...ilentTower.htm
and now i'm getting temps of 38 -38.5 under load.....
i give the product

easy to install too....the oem intel mount on my Aopen mb was held on with screws....no pos little plastic clips.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
cool, i thought the polo is a good cooler, maybe u installed it wrong. but glad to know u got great results with the silent tower

PS where do u live in FL?

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123
cool, i thought the polo is a good cooler, maybe u installed it wrong. but glad to know u got great results with the silent tower

PS where do u live in FL?
i got decent results from the polo cooler,about 10 degrees under oem hsf...
just wasnt happy with it....it was well worth the money as opposed to the stock cooler. i had reservations about the "tower" coolers after reading about people breakin their mb with them. after checking them out a bit more, and reading about the "heatpipe" technology i decided to give it a try. all i can say is if you broke your mb it wasnt installed right. the Silent tower is exactly that....fan spins at 2200 rpms and i get temps i was only able to get at full rpm with the polo...at 5500 rps and a bit loud for me...lol
I live in pompano beach.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts