Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We're going to move up 5 spots very soon. Everyone keep on folding.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
ya, that's before the end of the month. if only i could get my school to fold for us as well. most of the computers sit idling all the time.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
That is some majot butt kicking

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cgrado

ya, that's before the end of the month. if only i could get my school to fold for us as well. most of the computers sit idling all the time.

Hi cgrado,

You might want to find shajbot on this forum or PM him. He's currently working on doing what your suggesting. He got the Ok to load up 20 rigs at his school. However, there is a catch. According to shajbot, the computers turn off after 20 minutes of inactivity, so he's having to work around that issue. He's also stated that it's taking a lot of time setting things up...

Go shajbot!!!

Just an FYI, Fold On!

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 455buick

Hi cgrado,

You might want to find shajbot on this forum or PM him. He's currently working on doing what your suggesting. He got the Ok to load up 20 rigs at his school. However, there is a catch. According to shajbot, the computers turn off after 20 minutes of inactivity, so he's having to work around that issue. He's also stated that it's taking a lot of time setting things up...

Go shajbot!!!

Just an FYI, Fold On!

ya, the problem at my school would be having the client run while nobody is logged on. (if that's possible.) if not, then when someone wanted to use a computer, they would have to log off, then log on their account, and log back on the [email protected] account when they are done.

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
Yea I have the same problem. All the PC's in my school require a specific student logon, so [email protected] wouldn't be able to run continuously unless it was able to with nobody logged in... :-\\

Even when I logged in though, I couldn't get the [email protected] console to retrieve a WU

I don't get it.

·
Daves not here man
1,474 Posts
You would think that with it running as a service it would run when nobody is logged on, that's with all the startup processes running

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by matt_s989

You would think that with it running as a service it would run when nobody is logged on, that's with all the startup processes running

My school's computers are like that too...

It has a central server where logon accounts are stored...then we log in whenever we use a computer....and they have a sort of deep freeze thing where the computer resets every time it restarts to default settings.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrker

I would like to fold at school also, anyone know how to get around the specific logging on for students? Would setting it up as a service work?

i would think that it would work but im not sure taeric, qmopar or jrabb might know. ive got a couple of rigs to fire up soon when i get time and also need to oc my current rig just need to find some time.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideburns

My school's computers are like that too...

It has a central server where logon accounts are stored...then we log in whenever we use a computer....and they have a sort of deep freeze thing where the computer resets every time it restarts to default settings.

Yea thats how mine work too, man that would be great 100 computers folding for me

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Auto shutdown isn't a problem. We use norton and I've already gone in and edited for other software and disabled certain things. All I need to know if no one's logged on, will it run?
BTW for those who want to run it on alot of computers, there's software out there where it lets you control many computers through one, so you can install and set them all up with just one run on one computer. Thought it would be nice to know. Vision is what my school uses, but it costs, idk of others as of now.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Careful boys, sneak folding is not a good thing and could get you into trouble you don't need. Better to approach the school straight on, with the suggestion to start a folding club using the schools rigs.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by woop

Careful boys, sneak folding is not a good thing and could get you into trouble you don't need. Better to approach the school straight on, with the suggestion to start a folding club using the schools rigs.

ya, we know (or at least i do) but we're thinking before we approach them, how would it even work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts