Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i decided to wait until jan 20th when the revised version of the i7 3930k was released to make my purchase. Here it is the 24th and i haven't heard hide nor hair of them. The egg still has no stock and has yet to send me a notice stating they were it least there for a short time until everyone bought them up in a hurry. Anyone got any news on this specific cpu.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSP1 View Post

What is wrong with the C1 stepping? Mine runs fine temps and OCs pretty good. I know the C1 was a good improvement over the C0 but I don't know how much you can improve over the C1 except for power consumption. Mine uses 183W under load.
it wasn't so much that issues as it was they only made so many because of that reason. I am just waiting for more of any i7 3930k to hit stock on newegg. I wouldn't mind have the revised version due to the possibility of better ocing and better temps but i would like to just see some more in stock.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whats going on here with the i7 3930k. Is there some news i missed about it. Are they discontinued or something. Can't find any new news on them about c-2 stepping.. I sure can't find any 3930k to buy for that matter. I would have thought if intel wanted our money so bad they would have made the more popular sand-bridge-e available to people. I have been looking for one since mid december. I am setting here with over 2000$ ready to build a new pc and i can't get the one cpu i want, that is one of the newest from intel, for that matter. I guess worst comes to worst i will be setting here with this money come Ivy-bridge release. Sorry i whining so much but i converted myself from amd so i can have the most power and thats what i want.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Okay the 3930k C0 processors have pretty much vanished from the market because of VERY high demand. Production has stopped on C0 and moved to C1. I am very anxious to get my hands on the 3930k myself and tired of waiting. Some say that it will be till the end of the month.

Yes it really sucks to wait but just a couple more days. And remember to buy one AS SOON as it hits the market again. Sites are on a first come first serve basis.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
From what I read the C2 stepping should fix the missing VT-d on the original launch chips.

I've been tracking it for the last couple weeks and it seems a lot of sites have moved up their delivery dates from 2-3 months down to 7-21 days.

I feel a lot of people have put their money into the X79 boards and are waiting for the processors to come back in stock. I'm almost tempted to put my money down on a 3960x.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts