Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered from this site http://www.westfloridacomponents.com/ and it came in today and I am incredibly impressed by their service and quality of products. They have so much different stuff in stock at really good prices. They have tons of SMRs, Trimmers, Dippers, you name it. Their shipping is really prompt and everything comes in little bags that are labeled which is incredibly helpful if you are like me and don't know the difference between certain SMRs

·
Retired Benchmark Editor
10,194 Posts
Wow!! Nice find. Great prises. How much was the shipping on a bag of VRs?

·
Retired Benchmark Editor
10,194 Posts
Nice!! I will be ordering from here in the future.

Only wish they had a better selection of caps.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't check to see if that had 2.7v caps (the ones I assume you are talking about) but otherwise they looked great, I think im going to give trimmers a try even though I have some many radio shack resistors, does the little screw on them actually adjust the resisitance and if so what percept deviation from their original resistance are they capable of obtaining?

·
Retired Benchmark Editor
10,194 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tha d0ctor View Post
I didn't check to see if that had 2.7v caps (the ones I assume you are talking about) but otherwise they looked great, I think im going to give trimmers a try even though I have some many radio shack resistors, does the little screw on them actually adjust the resistance and if so what percept deviation from their original resistance are they capable of obtaining?
You can tune them all the way down to no resistance. When one leg is tuned the max resistance the opposite leg from the middle is no resistance. This is why everybody backs off one of the end resistances. I do mine so that clock-wise means lower resistance/more voltage. Play with one attached to a DMM and you'll see what I'm talking about.

• Rep+
Reactions: tha d0ctor

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
West Florida Components just got even better.

While doing a google search to bring up the site to grab some more trimmers and SMRs (I have a new 8800gtx coming my way and another as-is one after that and in hopes that 2x PNY 8800gt's on craiglist will still be available for 100$ after Christmas) one of the top google searchs that came up was "west florida components promo code."

So I type the code given on some shopping deal site and low and behold the cheapest just got cheaper. With the code you will get 10% off of your pre-shipping calculated total. Merry Chirstmas voltmodders!!!

This promo code could even top the "pcapex" code for frozencpu.com

Promo code:"merchantcircle"

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I've been using them. Great merchant, but yes, their cap selection ain't great.

I highly recommend getting their combo package of trimmers - get a reasonable selection for a great price. Then it's easy to supplement by ordering more of the ones you use often.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey patch what brand trimmer have you been getting, I'm not sure if the 40 cent ones are any worse than the 70 cent ones, It would help if they said how many turns they where too

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltage_Drop View Post
Nice find on the shop Doc
. Last place I ordered components from ripped me off bad so its cool to have another source other than Radio Shack
Glad I could help, I paid around 1.50-2.00$ at radioshack for a 1k potentiometer and 0.50-0.75$ at this store, you decide lol

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Some don't have a brand on them, some say Suntan, some say Bourns (?). I haven't counted the turns, though the ones I've actually used appear to be around 20.
either way hey should have a fairly good degree of adjustability..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts