Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've been having some problems with my EVGA GTX 570 allof the sudden. I bought the card about a month ago and it worked fine until a few days ago. The card worked fine until I installed a patch for a game. I'm sure it's just a coincidence but right after that the problems started. I have been running the most recent non-beta drivers. After the update I started the game and immediately got a blue screen as it was loading up. I tried it again and same thing happened. Tried a few other games and same thing happened it would blue screen or the drivers would stop responding, more frequently it would blue screen though. I fresh installed drivers, tried beta drivers, tried a fix for HD audio drivers conflicting with onboard sound drivers and nothing helped. Applications like furmark or even windows 7 hardware asseent test cause blue screens immediately. Finally I tried a gtx 285 I had laying around and no problems at all so I figured it was the card. Got a new card sent to me installed fresh drivers and everything worked fine.

I have been able to play the games I couldn't before but about an hour in and Rage blue screened. Didn't think too much of it after all the problems but I was still concerned. I ran windows 7 hardware assessment and got a blue screen about 10 seconds in. Ran furmark and got about 20 seconds in and a blue screen occurred. I can play games for a while but stress testing it blue screens it quickly. EVGA's OC Scanner ran fine and put the card to 100% usage and no blue screen occurred. Sorry for the length but this is driving me nuts, currently I'm running memtest on my ram and windows has been reinstalled about a month ago so it's pretty clean. Any input on this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
MSI
1,537 Posts
Have you tried to use driver sweeper first? And use Ccleaner for registry error or PC health advisor?
Try to install latest driver with option Clean Install in Nvidia driver installer menu.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah on every driver installation I use either Driver Cleaner Pro or Drive Sweeper. I have done this a few times and have switched between beta drivers, the newest release and an older release. I have CCleaner installed and regularly used the registry error check for it. I actually got fed up and reinstalled Windows 7 and the problem still exists. It's funny that it cannot get through the Windows Experience Index graphics card tests, but it can be stress tested via Kombuster and OC Scanner and not blue screen but FurMark will. Games are playable but I have gotten a blue screen here and there. This is an improvement of blue screening when a game loaded. I have tested RAM with memtest and 8 passes later not a single error.I have no idea what could be causing this. Flashing the BIOS is on my mind, but I have a RAID configuration with important data on it that would be hard to back up. I'm not sure if flashing the BIOS would affect that. Also, I'm quite sure it isn't heat related with the fan at 100% and the card at about 40 degrees Celsius it will still blue screen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts