Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of all the manufacturers what board should i get for a 3.0ghz S478 chip?

I'm not sure if i'm gonna get a prescott or a northwood yet, so please list best boards for both if you dont mind.

And if you have got time, what is the best LGA775 board which will still have AGP/DDR (not DDR2)?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Abit, Asus, or DFI would be my suggestion. About the 775 board, the DFI LanParty 875P-T is one of the best 775 mobo's around, and it has DDR and AGP. It is a kick-azz mobo and overclocks very, very well.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

Abit, Asus, or DFI would be my suggestion. About the 775 board, the DFI LanParty 875P-T is one of the best 775 mobo's around, and it has DDR and AGP. It is a kick-azz mobo and overclocks very, very well.

Yep, Asus P4C800 series, Abit IC7-Max3 (or IC7-G).. all good..
That may be one of the best 775 mobos around BUT... if you want PCI-Xpress and DDR2... just check out the new Abit Fatal1ty mobo.. now THAT's a kick-azz mobo here's the link: http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/...es=1&model=239

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, great, thanks guys. Ive done a bit more digging, and like the following (many of what you have already suggested)

Abit IC7-G (XP-120 wont fit on MAX3)
Abit AI7
Asus P4P800
Asus P4C800
DFI Lanparty Pro 875 (Not sure if it does SATA raid or Prescott tho?)

DFI's website is'nt very good so i was unable to find out if the Pro875 is the best one out for the S478?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have an ABIT VT7 and am really happy with it. Right now I just have a 2.8 Celeron, but this board will handle up to a 3.4 P4 Prescott... which is in its near future, heheh.

It's a bit of a value board, I think I picked up the chip, board, and 512mb PC3200 Kingston Hyper at Fry's for $290. It has onboard 6 channel sound and LAN, and is SATA ready.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I like my P4P800E-Deluxe... it's great, 7 channel audio onboard, capable of 4 SATA RAID and IDE RAID too... gigabit LAN... etc..
About Ocing, I don't know cause I get unstable after 3.5Ghz cause of my sucky PSU..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ill personally reccomend an IC7-G. Overclocks as well as you would ever need, itll keep goin as long as you keep cooling it, mine stayed stable all the way up to 3.7Ghz on air on a intel hsf too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts