Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i saw the thread about the BIG NOISY pc's...hehehe, i got inspired...and i changed my FM-121 Silverstone for the Delta TFB Extreme high speed fan...the 220 CFM beast....AND ***...temps dropped from 60C in full load to 45C and 47.....LOL...i couldnt believe....SS coming soon...(currently dont have energy in my house...yes in my country we dont have 24/7 energy...
)

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Deltas are awesome, don't know why people don't use them that much... oh wait... that because they're loud as hell!!! I ran one (151cfm) of my big typhoon and it made a nice difference from low to high speed (used it on a fan controller).

·
Banned
715 Posts
I feel your pain; in India when I am there we dont have 24/7 energy either. Its hard without electricity these days; I rely on it for many things.

And if this is true, then I am getting the same fan. You are sure NOTHING ELSE CHANGED, you changed your FM121 to a Delta 220CFM and it went from 60C FULL LOAD to 45-47FULL LOAD!

thats awesome man

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
no 24/7 electricity? Do you have a UPS, so you can shut things down/charge emergency items? And also..what about phones? Do they stay on?
That's effed...

Sick temps though, man...that's pretty awesome.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideburns
View Post

no 24/7 electricity? Do you have a UPS, so you can shut things down/charge emergency items? And also..what about phones? Do they stay on?
That's effed...

Sick temps though, man...that's pretty awesome.

i have a UPS, but my pc is so freakin high consuming that it drinks the UPS in less than 30 mins...w/o the monitor on..so, if energy goes off, i click Turn off and that's it....normal phones stay on...not the wireless...wireless phones needs energy

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by abe_joker
View Post

i have a UPS, but my pc is so freakin high consuming that it drinks the UPS in less than 30 mins...w/o the monitor on..so, if energy goes off, i click Turn off and that's it....normal phones stay on...not the wireless...wireless phones needs energy

lol well I know that....

you could always get a bigger UPS/propane generator for your house....

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

View Post

lol well I know that....

you could always get a bigger UPS/propane generator for your house....

YO, you get used to it...and right now...i get energy 24 a day...except weekends... LOL dunno why, but thats how it is right now...

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

View Post

YO, you get used to it...and right now...i get energy 24 a day...except weekends... LOL dunno why, but thats how it is right now...

OMG. no power on weekends? or just certain hours?

I'd die.

Or, I'd have 24 batteries for my laptop lol

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

View Post

OMG. no power on weekends? or just certain hours?

I'd die.

Or, I'd have 24 batteries for my laptop lol

Certain hours....in the morning most of the time...but w/e....
3rd world country sux.... USA, UK, etc, rOCKZ...lol hehehe

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Where can you find the fan that he's talking about? That's a major temp drop in exchange for noise.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audi
View Post

Where can you find the fan that he's talking about? That's a major temp drop in exchange for noise.

Just google Delta 220CFM

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Certain hours....in the morning most of the time...but w/e....
3rd world country sux.... USA, UK, etc, rOCKZ...lol hehehe

yes but you gots better weather than the uk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audi
View Post

i have the 190cfm delta and it's amazing it's just a pity it's louder than the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. it's that loud that it woke my mum up in the next room with mine and her doors closed
needless to say she wasn't best pleased lol

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Delta TFB1212GHE

Think that's it right, OP? Trying to find one. I'm all about on-air testing so I'll order one to see how it does paired with the Enzo.

That's some serious temp drop on Air, man.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by biatchi View Post
yes but you gots better weather than the uk
what do you call better weather? We got summer like 9 months of the year, the other 3 are spring! lol...i mean, we got spring, summer, fall and winter but you do not see them...i prefer the sun rather the snow or rain the whole day, but come on...31C to 36C each and everyday?

and YES! the delta is freakin noisyyyyy....if you set it to the max...

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i gave you the ambients of the city
....the ambients in my room are a LITTLE bit better, hehehe...cuz of my big fan
....YES i dont have an air conditioner 24/7 etheir...but i got my super fan
hehe and my ambients are like 28C, 29C...when i turn on my air conditioner they get to 19C or 18C...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts