Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I would really appreciate if you could give me some tips, advice on my planned i5 rig. I will use it for gaming, everyday work, some video editing, photoshop. I plan to do a moderate overclock to 3.5 - 3.8 GHz 'cause I need it for 24/7 stability and power consumption.

CPU: intel i5 - 750

Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus

Motherboard: MSI-P55-G65 or Gigabyte-P55-UD3R or ASUS P7P55

Memory: 2x2G G.SKILL DDR3 1600MHz CL7

Case: Antec 902

PSU: HEC Zephyr 650W

GPU: ASUS GTX275 or SAPPHIRE Vapor-x 4890

Where do you see room for improvement - I don't really wanna spend more money than I plan to do now!

·
Premium Member
6,995 Posts
Go with Gigabyte mobo. Also, I am unfamiliar with that PSU. I would make sure it is quality as it is the backbone of your system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think the ATI 5770 is right for me, it is slower than my mentioned choices (4890 or 275) and I would like to be able to play games like Call of Duty and Crysis on a 23 inch screen.

I'm not sure if the option for DirectX 11 is enough for a sacrifice now in performance.

I think the PSU ( HEC Zephyr 650W) seems to be ok. It isn't modular but has enough 12V rails to support SLI or Crossfire (I don't think I'll need that) and fairs pretty well in reviews. I could of course choose the Corsair HX620W - would be like 10 bucks more expensive minus the nice blue LED

·
Banned
1,545 Posts
The GTX 275 is the best option for a larger screen i'd say since you want higher minimums,DX11 = Fairy Tales ATM (to me anyway)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just don't understand why I should pay for the 5770 when I get a worse performance and also I thought I can't possibly spend more than for the planned rig above.

...then I read the reviews for the 5850

the 5850 is awesome! I think I have to get it!

Will nvidia release something for directX 11 soon?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts