Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, what are some good Windows Xp themes, and skins. Preferably ones that are free, and are 3d, or shiny, or futuristic. Could any one help me out here?
P.S. Where can you get good windows XP loading screens, and how do you use them?

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow ok kool! So i just download the "download manager"?

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
ya,and the manager comes with one of the 4 skins... then u have to download the other 3 seperatley with the manager.... but there are like 6 other skins u can download that are not by alienware, but they cost money...

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aaaw man they cost money!? LOL, thats all good. Thanks for your help.
P.S. Umm you wouldn't happen to know how to use them there loading screen things do ya?

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
well only the extras cost money... but the 4 alienware skins are FREE.... and what about the loading screen? i dont understand what your asking.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like when you download new skins for the loading screen (when windows xp is loading when you first start up). How do you get those to work. Where do you put them...that kinda thing.

·
Banned
68 Posts
Hi,

From what i've learnt you can either mess about in the registry or you can download a program that can do it for you.

I've done some research for you and this program seems to be the best. It should allow you to change boot screens, login screens and themes.

http://userxp.belchfire.net/

Hope this helps, Dan.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks fellas! That helps alot!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I get all my visual styles from deviantart.com Don't use windowblinds, it just eats up resources. Use the Neowin.net UXtheme Multi-Patcher.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
I just got done with another post in a different thread on the same topic... and I already mentioned other sites, the uxtheme.dll patch, etc.

and yes, www.deviantart.com is a good site to check also

as for windowblinds, like I said in the other thread, version 5 was recently released and has changed a lot of peoples opinions... I havent tried it yet and dont plan on it but as far as its resource hungry past is concerned, that doesnt seem true anymore... so try version 5, it might be something you like

1 - 14 of 14 Posts