Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hopefully will be making the ultimate sometime, even if it takes me forever to save up for it... i wanted to put a few 560 rads in a caselabs th10 pedestal or 2, but i dont know any good fans that would work in that application because there are not scythe gt's or corsair sp140 fans...

so what do i use?

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Good 120mm fans with 120>140 adapters...lol

San Ace 140Ls actually tested pretty good but definitely a high speed fan. All are about the same at slower speed duties, but nothing really stand out significantly that I have tested. GT AP-15s and Delta AFB VHE with 120mm adapters performed better than the dozen or so 140s I have tried with the exception of the San Ace 140L which is cost prohibitive for most.

yld12sl12adaptervsall.png

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Not sure what happened to my 140L data but it was also pretty good and way hIgh speed. I think it was also a 24v fan if I remember right.

·
Banned
12,731 Posts
I'm not as experienced with 140mm fans.

I do NOT like the 140mm ones from NZXT. Out of the 6 that I've owned, One just up and exploded (busted a fan blade then ate itself as it became unbalanced) on me when the computer was just running, and another one busted when I ever so lightly touched it while it was spinning. I hardly even felt it (no cut or bruise) when it too exploded.

I do like the 140mm CorsairsCF-V14H fans. They aren't massive air pushers, but they do look good and are VERY sturdy.

The ones that I've had the longest experience with are the 140mm fans that came in my ABS Caynon 965 case. I'm not sure who makes them (I'm at work now), but they have been running 24/7 for upwards of 5 years now and not one of them has ever given me any issues. They have good air flow as well.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
I am in the process of moving but have been thinking about it. I want to do enough on the 2x120 kit testing first, but I may do some 140 stuff next. maybe 140 rads or 140 kits or something since my switch 810 natively supports 3x140 rads up top. Before doing rad testing i would need to decide on a fan standard so more 140 fan testing makes sense. We will see, going to be traveling a lot and doing home improvement project pretty heavily between now and June to get my old house ready to rent out, not to mention the moving/liquidating thing, so my spare time will be limited. I'll see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
I vouch for the Bgears, and while I don't have any hard data to back up my opinion, I can say that they are an excellent fan and move a ton of air through my EX420, more than any other 140mm fan I've tried.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts