Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Ones the 640gb(full price+freeshipping) and the others a 750gb (65+freeshipping). Then there is the Caviar green. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-358-_-Product) They all have the same amount of cache and everything. So I don't get it which one should I get? Im looking for speed preferably.

Also why does the 750gb have 4eggs and not 5like the 640? I missed the black friday deal
i may just bite the bullet. there is free shipping on everything that I want anyways.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm guessing that you're talking about a 640 Caviar Black, 750 Caviar Black, and the 500 Caviar Green.

Blacks are WAAAY faster than the green, because when the green isn't in use it spools down to 5400rpm (saves energy)

and between the 640 and 750 blacks, the 640s are better IMO because they have dual 320gb platters for faster speeds. although pretty much any caviar black is sick fast anyways.

• Rep+
Reactions: bk7794

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlocke
View Post

If you want speed you will want the Black versions.

Popular choice is:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-319-_-Product

yes. Thats what I am ordering at the moment. I hope I notice a difference between that and this IDE drive

Oh by the way should I get 32bit or 64bit os?

·
Bigger is Always Better
1,115 Posts
Yea, too bad about missing Black Friday. You could have picked up the 750gb WD Caviar Black for $60. You do want the Black edition drives if speed is your goal.

I was a little early and picked them up just before the big sale for $65....Oh well
Still, $65 wasn't a bad price.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm using the Windows 7 that MS is giving for free from the website, which is good until like next june-ish.

Unless you got the budget for it, I would give that free windows 7 a try before tossing more in

• Rep+
Reactions: bk7794

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywood406
View Post

Yea, too bad about missing Black Friday. You could have picked up the 750gb WD Caviar Black for $60. You do want the Black edition drives if speed is your goal.

I was a little early and picked them up just before the big sale for $65....Oh well
Still, $65 wasn't a bad price.

yeah, I was pretty mad. I saw it and it was sold out. Thats okay. I still get free shipping

Alright ordered. Hopefully I remember to check my old email address for it

Quote:

Originally Posted by rastablast
View Post

I'm using the Windows 7 that MS is giving for free from the website, which is good until like next june-ish.

Unless you got the budget for it, I would give that free windows 7 a try before tossing more in

I lost my key...plus I am using it for my laptop XD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts