Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running a z68 gigabyte motherboard along with a 2500k OC'd to 4.5 at 1.39v. It was all fine until one day I set my PC to sleep mode, I go to bed wake up next morning and my PC doesn't seem to boot. I thought I may be stuck in a boot loop since I had the issue before but nope. I've tried literally everything from trying different PSU, taking everything apart and back together, different ram in different slots and I've left the cmos battery out for more than 24 hours hoping to reset the cmos but no matter what the motherboard will not boot.

So my question is what are the odds my 2500k is not dead and will work if I get another lga 1155 motherboard?

·
Not New to OCN
1,750 Posts
Have you tried turning it on with everything else in the system removed such as the video card, hard drives, etc? If that doesn't work, I would try a different mobo. I doubt the CPU itself is dead.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100cotton View Post

Have you tried turning it on with everything else in the system removed such as the video card, hard drives, etc? If that doesn't work, I would try a different mobo. I doubt the CPU itself is dead.
Yes, still doesnt post. It turns on maybe a second fans spin but then shuts down and back up again over and over.

·
Not New to OCN
1,750 Posts
How do the pins look on the mobo? Is there anything that might indicate damage on the bottom of the cpu?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100cotton View Post

How do the pins look on the mobo? Is there anything that might indicate damage on the bottom of the cpu?
looks completely normal to me

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
1.39 damn son

I was doing any wear near 1.4 can kill the chip.

I would buy a board local and test it you can always return it

·
Sunday League Jibber
4,254 Posts
Like others have said, it's best to test it. I'd look for a cheap local P67 or H67 motherboard, just for testing purposes. Last year I got a cheap knockoff Chinese H67 for $20 just to check a 2600k I was selling. There are inexpensive options out there, and then you have a cheapo board that you know works in case you ever have to test that processor (or another LGA1155 chip) again.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadDamage View Post

1.39 damn son

I was doing any wear near 1.4 can kill the chip.

I would buy a board local and test it you can always return it
yeah unfortunately I had a very bad chip had a hard time hitting 4.5 with just the usual 1.35v

I will look for a cheap board I can test with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts