Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The standard black and red wires that you clip the metal ends into the woofer. Those wires that go directly from speaker to woofer or whatever. What are they called, I will be going to radioshack to buy some of it to extend the lengths of my current ones...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,217 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ClaytonCallihan
View Post

Those wires that go directly from speaker to woofer or whatever. What are they called, I will be going to radioshack to buy some of it to extend the lengths of my cent ones...

I think they are called the woofer or whatever cent ones wires.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
65,162 Posts
There's no real special name for them. They are just double conductor wiring. If they seperate easy, they are sometimes called zip wire.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
65,162 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ClaytonCallihan
View Post

***, there is diff gauges!? would it really matter?

A bit, different gauges changes the resistence (Ohm). Smaller wire means more resistence.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by DuckieHo
View Post

A bit, different gauges changes the resistence (Ohm). Smaller wire means more resistence.

So I have to eyeball guess the gauge, I do not see any writing on this stuff...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,528 Posts
ya i wont run any thing smaller then 14 gauge in my van the resistance can be bad too much and you could trip the system
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
65,162 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ClaytonCallihan
View Post

So how do I know what to get for these speakers???

By getting more of whatever guage you have now.


Bring to the store, they should be able to eyeball it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by DuckieHo
View Post

By getting more of whatever guage you have now.


Bring to the store, they should be able to eyeball it.

I dont know what gauge I have haha. Hmm usually when I go to radioshack, I know more than them on everything...
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top