Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was wondering what everyone is playing right now. I am currently playing Crysis 2 with everything maxed across 3 screens (super fun). I like the game a lot, but I miss the jungle a bit from Crysis 1. Anyways, feel free to post what you're playing and if you're enjoying it.

P.S. If anyone's played Rage I'd like to know how it is!

Thanks and happy gaming!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
BF3, Dragon Nest, Deus Ex: HR and Witcher 2.

BF3 Beta is super fun, buggy but I can see the improvements. The game is going to be fun and ruin my freaking life.

Dragon Nest is really fun~ like a mix of a fighting game and an action game. I don't like the cash shop. It's not as free to play as they make it out to be, since you need to spend money to play the game anywhere near comfortably. Which means I don't see myself playing for long. What you get for free though is awesome.

Witcher 2 is an amazing game. Beautiful, great dialogue and the graphics and music are incredible. The story is rich and the characters interesting. It's the Mass Effect 2 I never got, with a truly mature storyline. The game is blisteringly hard, and Easy = Normal in this game while Normal = omgwteffbbq. So be prepared for that~ other than that, fantastic title.

Deus Ex: HR~ haven't finished it yet. Got to Shanghai and I got distracted. We'll see where the game takes me. It's really fun, just easy to get lost in. The music and atmosphere is unrivaled. I freaking LOVE Cyberpunk! I think I've seen the Deus Ex: Trailer a million times.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I play Starcraft 2 and I am addicted. Played Modern Warfare 2 for a bit but went back to SC2 because of how fun it is. Plus you miss a week and you may fall back a lot.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good! I wanna try out SC2, as a few of my friends are obsessed haha. I've also heard good things about Witcher 2 also. I forgot to mention that I'm also playing through Just Cause 2 with a friend now (we take turns playing at college while the other studies lmao). We are just going around wrecking s**t pretty much and completing as many settlements as possible.

166 Posts
DA:O and BF3 beta

DA:O because I bought it on sale the other week. BF3 beta I am enjoying although the controls (crouch to prone, prone to crouch, crouch/prone to standing to sprint etc) are far too deliberately laggy for my taste, think BC2 controls - but even worse. Tis pity, since that's what causes most of the camping rage, being unable to react in time because of intentionally slow player movement controls. Nice game though.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I'm mostly playing Spiral Knights which is kind of like the classic Legends of Zelda if it were online and had a lot of varying gear. While it's a fun game, it's not exactly friendly toward newbies, sadly, as everything is dependent on a energy system that takes time to replenish.

Aside from that, I just beat Deus Ex: Human Revolution. That game was freakishly long for me since I tried to go the pacifist route while doing all side missions and attempting to find all the hidden crap in the game.

Recently beat Space Marine too. That game was simply amazing though it was fairly short.

At this point, I'm waiting for the new Heroes of Might & Magic and SWTOR.

Edit: Also played Dragon Nest for a bit, but the PvP in that game absolutely ruined the experience for me. I've always been skilled at MMO PvP, but that game has some serious class imbalances in PvP situations.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Battlefield 3's Beta. I am not enjoying it at the moment. Reasons being is that it's too difficult to have fun with. Although I can filter the servers in battlelog for oceania, often I am put into games with a ping of 400+. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the client side hit registration. The bugs, glitches, and map really frustrate me as well.

Formula 1 2011. Enjoying it. I think it's a really nice change from 2010. Having difficulties putting in some quick times though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've wanted to get the BF3 Beta, but I decided against it. School got really busy and I've got projects to do on top of working haha. Once Skyrim comes out I will probably sleep even less and game even more. I'm not gonna have a life for quite some time after that haha.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
BF3 Beta, despite all the bugs it's a lot of fun. Caspian Border was awesome. Can't wait for the actual release.

Rage. Even with the low texture disappointment, the game is such a blast. I'm enjoying it very much.

Portal 2 DLC. Yeah it wasn't that long but it's free and fun.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Totally addicted to Total War: Shogun 2, spending way too many sleepless nights on this game.

Though im eyeing up Fable 3 now that its on the steam weekend deal.

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
doom 2 - coz it makes modern level design looks like a hairy turd. There aren't many games where you just know that within the next 10 minutes you are gonna die and you're going to enjoy it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I always play TDU1 few times a week-month since it came out. Take the cars off the roads with a tweak & just have fun driving a select few long tracks. never get board.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Portal 2 Co-Op with my wife. It's super fun on PC LAN, was awful on 360 SS.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
What Are You Playing?
Lately I've been playing a little bit of the BF3 beta, and a lot of the Diablo 3 beta.

Do You Like It?

BF3: Sort of
Diablo 3 beta: Yes!

Why?

BF3: I find the game to be only ok. I feel that the game places a lot of emphasis on gear. I also have experienced a lot of small glitches that take away from the fun of the game. It also sort of feels a bit too much like another COD, and I feel that the hit detection is a bit wonky.

Maybe I am just getting tired of military FPS games. I never really played any of the new COD games, and I just couldn't get into BC2. I guess that everyone's tastes in games is different.

Diablo 3: I have had a lot of fun with this beta. So far my favorite classes are the barbarian and the wizard. I made a witch doctor, but haven't really played with him much. Wasn't really thrilled by the characters feel. I still need to try out demon hunter and monk.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much replayability the game offers. In order to get your character above ~lvl8 you have to keep redoing the last quest. I think I have clocked in over 6hrs with my barbarian. I do wish that Blizzard had made normal mode a bit harder.

I do wish that Diablo 3 was being released this year, but IMO they really delayed it till 2012 for only a few reasons.

1. The auction house is really broken - There is no way that Blizzard can have the issues the current gold only auction house is having with the real money one. There are a lot of kinks to work out.

2. Only real-id friends in enabled, and an employee on the forum stated that they were working on implementing an in-game character name friends list.

Once you reach ~lvl 10 you bulldozer through everything. I will be preordering this game. However, I'm going to wait on the preorder until I know what collectors edition comes with.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
What Are You Playing?
Deus Ex: Human Revolution, KOTOR 1, Revenge of the Titans, Sol Survivor, Defense Grid.

Should also note that i am playing indie game demos en mass

Do You Like It?

yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

respectively

Why?

DXHR: hell to the yes, amazing game, i get to be sneaky, wonderful music, one of the best stories ever.

KOTOR 1: will always love this single player, it's star wars, great gameplay, sweet RPG elements, lightsabers

RotT: challenging gameplay, sweet music, very funny, im a sucker for tower defense

Sol Survivor: im a sucker for tower defense, variety of towers, solid lil game

Defense Grid: im a sucker for tower defense, solid lil game, funny

indie game demos: enjoying every single one of them - downloaded 16 yesterday - wonderful to explore new territory, can get enough!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm playing Diablo 2 on "the way back machine"---windows 98 ftl with a fat old crt monitor. Not even on the net and just got my wolf druid to Nightmare. I like it because it's a bit mindless and relaxing with moments of panic.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
currently playing Fallout New Vegas. I played the first two fallouts and never went back, until I picked up Fallout3 one day. That game gave me so many headaches with crashes and lockups, i got so angry at it i wiped it off my HD. i was browsing steam, saw FO:NV for decently cheap and decided to pick it up. No bugs, no lag, no random memory bleeding and crashing every 2 minutes. This game is seriously fun to play, many different avenues to take and a fairly good story line so far. I think the reason i love this game so much atm is because the last game i played was horrendous on my computer, so it's nice to have a smooth running game again

1 - 20 of 25 Posts