Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have an Asus P6X58D and a i7 930 I have been trying to overclock to 4.2 whicxh i have done and when my room was cool it wouldn't go over 80 but now its getting hotter again its going up to 87 (core1) i have just reset my cooler and no diffrence, i'm running at 1.33 vcore at the moment trying to get this down, but the question is what settings in the bios effect the temp of the cpu? other than vcore...
thanks jamie

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamos169 View Post
Hi,
I have an Asus P6X58D and a i7 930 I have been trying to overclock to 4.2 whicxh i have done and when my room was cool it wouldn't go over 80 but now its getting hotter again its going up to 87 (core1) i have just reset my cooler and no diffrence, i'm running at 1.33 vcore at the moment trying to get this down, but the question is what settings in the bios effect the temp of the cpu? other than vcore...
thanks jamie
Having Hyper Threading enabled affects your cpu temps alot. By disabling it, you will lose more than 5'C on all cores.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
HTT, VTT, vcore are usually what increases the temperatures the most. Also, you can bring it down to 4.0Ghz in the summers if you want
. Lowering any of those will help.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by skatpex99 View Post
Having Hyper Threading enabled affects your cpu temps alot. By disabling it, you will lose more than 5'C on all cores.
But then i will lose performace...so i would rather not, thanks tho

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamos169 View Post
But then i will lose performace...so i would rather not, thanks tho
Depends on what you do, encoding/decoding/rar/benching you will loose performance, but with games there is absolutely 0 increase in performance.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evtron View Post
Depends on what you do, encoding/decoding/rar/benching you will loose performance, but with games there is absolutely 0 increase in performance.
O cool thats work knowing i will do so tests on that to see (not that i don't belive you but to check if thats the same for the games i play.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
HT and cpu voltage (VTT/Vcore/CPU Voltage)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmp459
View Post

HT and cpu voltage (VTT/Vcore/CPU Voltage)

My mo-bo dosn't have a vtt option, but i can't remember what my mo-bo calls it...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamos169
View Post

My mo-bo dosn't have a vtt option, but i can't remember what my mo-bo calls it...

QPI/Uncore I believe but I'm not 100% sure

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersthecool
View Post

QPI/Uncore I believe but I'm not 100% sure

That makes sence, thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts