Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My multiplier is unlocked! Would That change things? I want to get the most out of what i already have...not at another expense. My board supports multiplier change by using dip switches and i can increase FSB using BIOS.

XP 2500+ Barton (Unlocked)
768 mgs of PC2700
GigaByte GA7-VAX
Volcano 9+ Fan and Heatsink
420 watt powersupply
4 - 40 gig HDD
2 DVD-ROMs

What can I do tweak wise to what I already have? I can raise the multiplier to a XP 3000+ but that is only overclocking my CPU. Is there anything else I can do?
What is my best possible overclock with what I have? And what do I change to achieve that.
My memory timings are 2.5-3-3-7....Can I change something here?

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
being a board with a via based chipset you have no agp\\pci lock but having an unlocked cpu multiplier you can raise the multiplier, adding extra cpu voltage where needed

ed- oops forgot, with your memory raise your vdimm as high as you can and see how tight you can get your timings, you could try raising your FSB too but you wont get very far because its a via chipset, maybe 180FSB.

·
Banned
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ket

being a board with a via based chipset you have no agp\\pci lock but having an unlocked cpu multiplier you can raise the multiplier, adding extra cpu voltage where needed

ed- oops forgot, with your memory raise your vdimm as high as you can and see how tight you can get your timings, you could try raising your FSB too but you wont get very far because its a via chipset, maybe 180FSB.

What do you mean tighten memory?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts