Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I finally managed to overclock my cpu, using a guide for 3.6ghz, it didn't work, until I set my ram on 1.2v and then it did (took me a year to figure this out
)

But I have a question, because @ 3.6 I idle at 50-60C, so I turned it down to 333x9
and ram in 1:2 (800) (supposed 1:1 will actually give better results (666?), but meh)

Anyway, so I changed it to 3ghz, and it was still hot, because the voltages were still for 3.6, so I lowered the cpu core to 1.25 (as low as my mobo will go) and it still worked.
With the voltages changed I now idle 38-46

But now I am wondering about the other settings, because I'm not sure exactly what they do:

CPU VTT- 1.2375
ICH- 1.60v
MCH- auto
CPU GTLREF 67%

using the guide, those are for 3.6, do I need to lower them to help get better temps for 3.0ghz?

Thanks

·
Registered
664 Posts
The CPU VTT in my experience has a larger effect on temperature than vCore does. I would turn it down notch by notch until it begins to fail prime95 within 20 minutes or LinX within 5. Once it starts failing, turn it up a notch or two, followed by more thorough stability testing. In this way, you lock in the lowest VTT your cpu will let you get away with, without any guess and check.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts