Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Now this... this right here gentlemen... is a good thread.

I suggest linking a converter so people can convert PSI to head feet or head meters so they have an idea what to expect if they do their own pump research.

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,324 Posts
Nice work Chuck
thumb.gif

·
Registered
94 Posts
"Modern blocks use very small channels, so that turbulent flow occurs at much lower temperatures. "

Sure you don't mean "flow rates"?

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt26LFC;15061138
So looking at this sticky am i ok in thinking that my XSPC X20 750 will be ok when i have 3 Blocks and 2 Rads running?

1 Rasa CPU Block
2 Heatkiller 69x0 blocks
1 RX360 Rad
1 RX240 Rad (Maybe 360 depends on cash)
Prob 1.5M of tubing

Cheers

Awesome Thread!
CPU: 1.5 PSI (abnormally high - source)
GPUS: 0.5 PSI if run in parallel, 2 PSI in serial
2 Radiators (size doesn't matter) 0.2 PSI
tubing + fittings: 0.4 PSI (that's a lot of tubing/fittings!)

total: 2.6 PSI in parallel, 4.1 PSI in serial

As long as you run your GPU blocks in a parallel configuration, you should be good to go.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliehorse55;15061235
CPU: 1.5 PSI (abnormally high - source)
GPUS: 0.5 PSI if run in parallel, 2 PSI in serial
2 Radiators (size doesn't matter) 0.2 PSI
tubing + fittings: 0.4 PSI (that's a lot of tubing/fittings!)

total: 2.6 PSI in parallel, 4.1 PSI in serial

As long as you run your GPU blocks in a parallel configuration, you should be good to go.
Blimey, that's not good. Was gonna go with serial for now, planning for WC tri-fire in parallel, hoped serial would have done for now. Didn't plan a pump upgrade until I went tri-fire. I'm also very interested in this new Rasa block so may look into that when its released, not sure when that is though.

Well looks like I need to consider a new pump/res combo. I like the XSPC Res, but not sure which pump goes with it. What would you recommend?

Thanks for your help matey, really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt26LFC;15061796
Blimey, that's not good. Was gonna go with serial for now, planning for WC tri-fire in parallel, hoped serial would have done for now. Didn't plan a pump upgrade until I went tri-fire. I'm also very interested in this new Rasa block so may look into that when its released, not sure when that is though.

Well looks like I need to consider a new pump/res combo. I like the XSPC Res, but not sure which pump goes with it. What would you recommend?

Thanks for your help matey, really appreciate it.
Really, you'll most likely have just under 1 GPM if you did stick with your current pump. Unless you really want to upgrade, I would recommend that you just try it with that pump. If it doesn't work, you will only be losing a few C in temperatures for the week that it takes the pump to come.

When you go tri-parallel the pump will definitley have enough power so I would consider just sticking with what you've got.

Anyways, if you do want to upgrade, I would recommend getting the MCP35X + XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir for Single Laing DDC. It will mount in your drive bays much like your current pump, but will have almost double the pumping power. Additionally, the pump can be PWM controlled by the motherboard to reduce noise.

·
1689 Federalist
11,741 Posts
I figure I'll ask a guru here just for piece of mind.
Heres my setup
1 x rasa block
1 x heatkiller 580
1 meter of tubing
8 compression fittings
1 x rs 240 rad
1 x swiftech MCR320-QP

Pump is a variable speed 655. With xspc top/res heres a pic.

d5pumptank2.jpg

I should be good here right?

Also in a year or so I would like to add another 580 with a block. I should still be ok right?

·
1689 Federalist
11,741 Posts
Thats what I thought thanks for confirming, rep given.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliehorse55;15062097
Really, you'll most likely have just under 1 GPM if you did stick with your current pump. Unless you really want to upgrade, I would recommend that you just try it with that pump. If it doesn't work, you will only be losing a few C in temperatures for the week that it takes the pump to come.

When you go tri-parallel the pump will definitley have enough power so I would consider just sticking with what you've got.

Anyways, if you do want to upgrade, I would recommend getting the MCP35X + XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir for Single Laing DDC. It will mount in your drive bays much like your current pump, but will have almost double the pumping power. Additionally, the pump can be PWM controlled by the motherboard to reduce noise.
Ok, I'll stick with the pump/res combo I've already got then. Would prefer not to spend £100 on a new pump and res so soon anyway
wink.gif
don't mind spending that much to add to the loop, but not to replace something i've only had like 2 Months lol

I did spot a nice combo at SpecialTech.co.uk it was the XSPC Res with an MCP355 i think, looked good so when i do eventually need to upgrade I may go with that one, no doubt my Mobo chipset will end up under water too at some point lol

Cheers for ya help Charliehorse, its much appreciated, rep points to you sir!

·
Registered
37 Posts
hey just wondering if the xspc 750 pump would be able to handle:
1 x xspc rasa
2 x bitspower freezer for 460gtx
Around 4 90 bends and 10 compressions (xspx)
1 x rs240
1 x rx240
1 x swiftech qp 4x120 rad

I dont mind slightly higher temps but would this setup work okay? The bitspower cant do parallel it seems :/

Thanks guys

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I used martins spreadsheet, put in the following:

-AC Kryos XT-Thick O-ring (plan on using the cuplex kryos HF, but that wasn't avalible in the file so I used this instead assuming they would be similar, both will be using thick o-rings)

-2 AC Aquagraphix480s (plan on using the 680's)

-2 xspc re360's

-2 90 degree elbows

-8 compression fittings'

ALL IN SERIES

I also plan on using an ek ram block for the corsair dominator, because I might oc my ram at some point and this is an inexpensive block specially made for the ram I would like to use. http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14179/ex-blc-968/EK_Corsair_Dominator_Series_X4_Ram_Liquid_Cooling_Block_-_Electroless_Nickel_Plated_EK-RAM_Dominator_X4_-_EN_Nickel.html?tl=c225s557b133

His estimate seems to tell me I need more pump than the general guidelines in this thread suggest, and more pump than most places suggest. The only single pump that would put me in the "sweet spot" is an Iwaki RD-30 at 24V, which is a monster. There are dual pump options too of course. Do you guys think a build like this would require that much pump?

21 - 40 of 114 Posts