1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Time for a new Case

And will most likely buy from the link below as they are Local to me

Am liking the Thermaltake Spedo and the Antec Twelve Hundred and the Coolermaster ATCS 840
The Spedo has some nice features, like a fan taking heat from the back of the board

Things i like in cases are:
Dust filters
Window
And would like a removable MoBo tray!

So one of the three, or other is the question

Rep+ for deserving posts

Thanks
AC

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/p...x1y0z1p2s0n0m0

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
the CM HAF 932 is one of the best cases and the antec 1200 has similar performance

• Rep+
Reactions: ACHILEE5

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
For lack of a better way to phrase it...what's your style? I was all over the Spedo and 1200 when I was ever so slightly younger. However now that I've aged a bit, I want something that looks classy. As a result my 1200 is for sale and I'm now a huge fan of Lian Li and Windy stuff. The ATCS 840, if it isn't too much of a weight on your wallet, is a BEAUTIFUL case that exudes class I think.

So as a result, if you're looking for something that says "I spend my weekends in the Hamptons" go for the 840. The other stuff screams "I play computer games from 4:00 p.m. Friday til 8:00 a.m. Monday".

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I have worked with all three of the cases you listed, and I will say that I do not like the Spedo NEARLY as much as I like the other two cases. It just seems a little flimsy.

The 1200 is an extremely nice case, good for cable management and it looks very slick with a full window (have to do it yourself). The only thing I would change is the orientation of the HDD bays and a removable mobo tray.

The 840 is the case I just got, and it is a very well made case as well. Really the only thing I would change is have it come painted black.

So my vote will go to the 840, as it has more features than the 1200 and at a similar price point.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
If you would like to see a 1200 with a full window mod, check out the link in my sig. It does look much better IMO; also, like Monkey said, the hard drive orientation is aggravating...really wish they were rotated 90 degrees.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Id say go for an HAF932 its an AMAZING case.

• Rep+

·
Premium Member
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Lads, loads of good input

I'll look at this HDD orientation thing

Rep+ on there way

Maybe, i have to decide if i have got over looking at the bits in my case and want to go Class

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
There's good and bad points to all of the cases

If your looking for optimal performance on cooling, go with the antec 1200. The only problem with the 1200 is is that it will be a lot noisier than the other two cases that you mentioned. The case is also very good looking, with the full black interior, and the cable management is awsome in the case. But, this case isn't really good for watercooling. If you do plan to do an internal radiator mount, you'll have to sacrifice the front bays for your rad.

The spedo, just don't get it. Sure it looks great on paper, but at that pricepoint, you should go with the ATCS

The ATCS is much more appealing to me. I personally would get this case, since you still get great airflow in this case, but to maximize the potential, you should get three 120mm fans on the top. However, at stock, it is very quiet, since each of the 230mm fans runs at 19 dba. This case is also much larger than the other two, which may be a problem, but it may also be a blessing. It's one of the few cases that's also optimized for watercooling, as it holds a 360 radiator on the top easily. The removable motherboard tray is also a great feature, and it uses a ball bearing on them, so its a breeze to pull away, unlike some where you have to struggle to take it out.

Some problems with the ATCS you might encounter are that since it runs on negative air pressure, you'll have to clean out your case a bit more frequently. Also, while the case does have cable management options, they're not as good as the 1200, since you can still see a number of cables, and this is due to the removable motherboard tray.
Also, if you don't want to do a window mod to the ATCS's side, then you can always buy one from the CM store for 40 bucks. It also looks pretty good, resembling the cosmos s side window from CM

Link to window:

http://cmstore.coolermaster-usa.com/...roducts_id=234

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts
Get either the Antec 1200 or the HAF.

• Rep+

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Depends.

The Antec 1200 is the best case for air cooling by far there, but the ATSC 840 is better for water cooling and generally quality and looks.

My vote: Antec 1200.

Well, my vote is that you get a case made for you.

·
Premium Member
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
idk

I saw what they were saying about the 1200 and the HDDs orientation and it is a shame!
And the HAFs have no Filters.
And the Spedo?

·
Usually lurking
2,052 Posts
My personal favorite is the HAF 932. After I changed the big fan ontop to 2x120 and added a bottom fan, airflow was a dream in this case and my graphics card temps dropped by ~10 degrees C (No lie.)

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I also recommend the HAF, the ATCS 840 is nice and all but it doesn't have the same air flow as the HAF932. Despite not having filters, not much dust accumulates inside, I opened mine up after 2 weeks of no cleaning, besides swiping the side once a day and there wasn't much dust at all.

• Rep+

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have an ATCS 840. I love it. I am one of those hard to please type people and like my wife said, nothing much generally meets my expectations or needs completely. The ATCS however, is one the few things that I am truly happy with (not just content with or that it is good enough for me to just accept).
It is classy, it meets all 3 of your stated requirements, it is roomy enough for just about anything you want to chuck in there and yet, it does not look like a huge big truck.
Good luck with your choice, but I cannot sing the praises of the ATCS 840 enough. :)

Hopes that helps you with your decision.

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
ATCS 840 and a windowed side panel definitely. I got my windowed side panel from here.

www.svc.com

Fill up all of the available fan slots (4 are vacant), and disable the top 230mm fan closest to the drive bay cage for best results.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ACHILEE5 View Post
idk

I saw what they were saying about the 1200 and the HDDs orientation and it is a shame!
And the HAFs have no Filters.
And the Spedo?
It's really not that bad, not a deal breaker. I'm just a hardcore cable management junkie and the orientation kinda throws a monkey wrench into my schemes. But if you check the link in my sig I did get around it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts