Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also, only 1 of my GPUs are operating during gameplay. I am talking about at the very beginning of a match, but just wondering. I thought Civ 5 pushed crossfire pretty hard....

The 2nd card normally stays @ 1% and the 2nd card runs @ 55%

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Its not laggy. Im just starting out with settlers and warriors on a map. When I start having buildings and units everywhere Im sure it starts to pick up in usage right?

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpt.Jeff
View Post

Yes. Its not laggy. Im just starting out with settlers and warriors on a map. When I start having buildings and units everywhere Im sure it starts to pick up in usage right?

What happens during something like the late game benchmark?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe I should download the benchmark then.....?

Topic was mostly for advice regarding the DLC available on sale. Didn't think much of my GPU usage just yet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Completely unrelated to topic but I have your GPU but just 1. How much better is it in general with CF as opposed to just one GPU?

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Jeff;14116053
Maybe I should download the benchmark then.....?

Topic was mostly for advice regarding the DLC available on sale. Didn't think much of my GPU usage just yet.
Sorry for going off topic- I played Civ 4 and have warlords and what-not, but havent had a system capable of Civ5. Sorry I got distracted
frown.gif

·
Registered
917 Posts
I play civ5 also currently on crossfire via 6990. I originally played it on a single 4850-1gig. It played ok but on large maps towards the end of the game it would lag. This game simply is not happy without 4 cores. When I initially installed the 6990 the game would not utilize both GPU cores. After 11.6 it started to work. Now I'm getting about 70% on both GPU and the game runs smooth.

I really liked the combo that included Spain and Inca. They both are different enough and provide nice variety.

My only complaint is Rome dominates until warlord level.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCMan;14116166
Completely unrelated to topic but I have your GPU but just 1. How much better is it in general with CF as opposed to just one GPU?
Well it depends. Some games see scaling better than others. Crysis 1 drove me insane...literally. Performance can be fantastic at parts and almost the same as 1 card at others.

Crysis 2 I get around 70-80 FPS average instead of 40-45.

Just Cause 2 is EXCELLENT scaling. 100%

FarCry 2 is EXCELLENT scaling. 100%

Witcher is about the same as Crysis 2.

I haven't tested many others.

Bad Company 2 is about 70-80% IIRC.

This is in game btw looking in general directions, running through certain areas, etc. You can look up benchmarks all day, Im more concerned about gameplay itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts