Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a cheapo Fry's case that I got for around 30 bux... and it needs a makeover.. I am going to run to the hardware store soon to buy some spray paint.. But, I'm not quite shure what colors.. I want to stick to an intel or DFI LanParty theme.. or whatever.. pics attached

·
Banned
1,034 Posts
make a cool hl2 logo or doom er something cool like that. make it dark colors that are like orange and black. stick some cathodes in that sucker

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
You shoul get a BIOS screen and put that on there, even though that would be really hard....but be cool

or a metalic color like Formed and Spooky!
look at spookys guide.....maybe you could do it on your case
http://www.overclock.net/case-mods-g...ing-guide.html

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Humm, I like that Orange and black, but I don't think I have the skills to make it a matallic luster (or time..) Though that would be sweet. Humm, I'm gonna skip the inside and paint part of the outside black and orange.. Humm, time to buy paint!

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
humm, sry bout the dbl post, but I added a few pics of the Spray I purchased..Orange and red gloss and some 400 Grit sandy

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpookedJunglist

You got the Gangsta Spray grip
Works like a charm..

Gangsta indeed..
I wouldn't have gotten it if it wern't for your guide, so thanks!

Ok, some more pics, top of case is this (1st coat)... I am going to do a orange to red fade on the top, front to back.. It probably won't look that great, but I don't like just plain colors. Just If I had an air brush.. Also, before I started, I cleaned my case with a little propane, gets it nice and clean. I did the painting in my garage.. My floppy disk camera made a few errors so I missed the sanding part. I used an orbital sander on that, best way to go...

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpookedJunglist

I hope you guys dont get mad when I pull the next trick out of my hat

It is a surprise...

Buying an air brush? or melting some real gold and using that as paint? Humm.. I don't have a decal shop intown, dang that actually sounds like a cool Idea, im gonna look in the phonebook... I have a few more pics before the top of the hour, waiting for my next coat. Hum, white keyboard and orange spraypainty fingers don't mix

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New pics,
I didn't get much done tonight.. But I got half of my top done.. Humm... sorry about the resolution, I'm on a junky sony camera that takes pics on 1.44MB floppy disks..(around 1/4 of a megapixel i'm guessing?)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts