Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's take Corsair for example. They're a popular brand of power supplies and memory, but they don't actually manufacture any power supplies. Do they manufacture RAM?

I know companies like Samsung, Hynix, Infineon, Kingston, Elpida actually make their own RAM, and I don't believe that the big brands people actually buy have their own manufacturing lines, instead buying memory modules from companies such as the ones I just mentioned (except Kingston I guess), and maybe not even putting them on PCBs themselves -- making them mere resellers just like the above example with Corsair and power supplies.

Can anybody knowledgeable on the matter enlighten me on this?

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Qimonda is now Infineon.

I saw a list of DRAM companies somewhere on www.dramexchange.com

Some of the DRAM manufacturers have subsidiaries that handle retail sales.... i.e. Crucial is part of Micron.

·
Registered
757 Posts
There is a good listing here.

The main actual DRAM manufacturers are Samsung, Hynix, Micron, Infineon, and Elpida (basically in that order relative to size and amount sold).

The names everyone usually sees is the actual memory module, or DRAM stick, makers/sellers such as Corsair, Crucial, Kingston, OCZ, Gskill, and so on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts