Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a aftermarket x850xt platinum editon card. What company makes the best one? I have looked at Asus and heard good things.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
What's wrong with ATI? They are pretty much the same. Just find the cheapest one and buy it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing, just was wondering if these aftermarket ones are a little better? Why do they sell them? Is it just mainly extra software?

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
ati sells the companys the GPU then the company picks out the PCB and memory to go on it as well as the capacitors and everything else, so it all comes down to what quality the manufacturers want to use.... just enugh to get the job done..... or a lil overkill just in case.

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
If you can find it, get a Sapphire X800GTO2. It'll flash to an X850XTPE 99.999% of the time, and it costs about half as much. Then you can decide what kind of cooler you want to put on it.

But as the others have stated, they are all essentially the same.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After looking around I really like the HIS Excalibur ATI Radeon X850XT PE IceQ II VIVO 256MB AGP. Would I be better going with that, or the HIS Excalibur ATI Radeon X850XT IceQ II VIVO 256MB AGP? With price not being an issue. I have ready that the X850XT might be able to be overcloked to be faster than the X850XT PE since it doesnt have any overclocking potential. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
584 Posts
The clock speeds are pretty close, and seeing as the non Platinum Edition has the same great Artic Cooler, you can easily push the core the extra 40mhz, and the memory the extra 50mhz.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts