Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i have High Speed Comcast Cable which is rate at 6meg speeds.<br />
<br />
Recently for about a week now my internet has been slowed down to say 900 ping in all games and usually fixed with a reboot of modem and router. But my concern is that i have had to do this once or twice a day for the past week or so and i have never had problems with comcast since all the idk like 8 years ive had it. Also that router is a linksys wireless router with speed booster and im on the wireless connection with the linksys speedbooster NIC about 10 feet from it (above it). and the router is located downstairs next to the modem connecting 2 pcs directy to the internet and about 4 pcs upstairs to the internet but only 3 pcs constantly connected. And the modem is a couple years old the one supplied by comcast, its an RCA. Does anyone know what the problem may be?

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
Contact comcast, see if anthing has happened in the area recently. Also turn of all firewalls and see if thats the problem. And try another router if you can.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i have a router to replace it with but its a wireless b router from dell like 2-3 years old

1 - 3 of 3 Posts