Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new computer some months back and thought I ordered a 955BE. I noticed that the BE does not show up on the CPU-z checks of other peoples machines. (OR mine)
Is the only way to tell by trying to raise the multiplier? Mine goes down not up. Or do I have to enable this function in Bios?

Kevin

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Post a screenshot of cpu z or validate it and post a link.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
1590913.png

looks like u have a aftermarket board. Cool N Quiet is on and also ur multipler for ur FSB is 16. If u go into Bios (hit Delete when ur computer first comes on) and select MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T) and go to CPU Clock Ratio. It will be on auto. Select it and go down to the bottom. If u have options beyond 16x it is a BE cpu. I could be wrong but I don't think they made a Non BE 955.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great, but why do the multipliers not go up??? I cannot gt them past 16 as the sliders are all the way up. I am using AMD Overdrive along with CCC for the XFX5850. I have tried some of the other software, MSI Afterburner and such but non of the make any difference.
Suggestions??
confused.gif

Kevin

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klook;11985921
Great, but why do the multipliers not go up??? I cannot gt them past 16 as the sliders are all the way up. I am using AMD Overdrive along with CCC for the XFX5850. I have tried some of the other software, MSI Afterburner and such but non of the make any difference.
Suggestions??
confused.gif

Kevin
You have to overclock in the BIOS. Typically software overclocks are unstable.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
MSI isn't for CPU OCing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have read the stickies in multiple forums on overclocking and tweaking before I attempted to try. I have not read anywhere that you have to go into the Bios to do it. Shouldn't that be the first thing a newbie is told??? It is not for lack of reading that I am ignorant, just lack of finding the right info. I have tried to tweak what I ask in the search engines but I always come up with the same info.
Now another question, you fellows talk a whole bunch about cooling. None of you or anyone else on other forums seems to agree what is to much heat. I have a liquid cooled stock system. What can I expect and please, what is a safe limit for a knothead to use?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, I did do it in Bios and just upping it to 17 and optimizing voltages in there gave and increase in Furmark of 4000 points. I will have fun learning more and checking out the temps and such now. You guys have made my day! Thank you very much.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klook;11986403
Thanks, I did do it in Bios and just upping it to 17 and optimizing voltages in there gave and increase in Furmark of 4000 points. I will have fun learning more and checking out the temps and such now. You guys have made my day! Thank you very much.

Kevin
Did you turn off cool 'n' quiet and the other power saving features?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just turned off cool and quiet but if there are other things I should do by all means, throw them at me. This is fun.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts