Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to all the overclocking, but after reading all the forums I decided to try it out on my monster. The problem is that I dont know where to start at. Can any one give me an idea on where I should begin?

·
Registered
56 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: Goliath

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

and what is the make and model and speed of your 2 gb's of ram???

4 sticks of 512 mg pc-4000 dual channel made by PatriotANNEL KIT 500 MHZ

·
Banned
313 Posts
Is it a custom comp, or a manufactured one? If it is a manufactured, the FSB of your mobo may me locked, so OCing is harder to do, but if not check out the overclocking guide in the Intel CPU section to findout how to safly up your FSB via the BIOS. Hope everything goes well and welcom to the forum

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpencerM

Is it a custom comp, or a manufactured one? If it is a manufactured, the FSB of your mobo may me locked, so OCing is harder to do, but if not check out the overclocking guide in the Intel CPU section to findout how to safly up your FSB via the BIOS. Hope everything goes well and welcom to the forum

Custom computer with 800 FSB

·
Banned
313 Posts
Well get to reading the OC guide you have a good amount of overhead for an upping your FSB, just try to get a max oc while keep load temps under 50C if its a Northwood and under 60C if its a Prescot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts