Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Twitch Streamer
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered one off ebay cause i used a friends and I thought it was simply amazing. But was wondering what everyone else thought about it?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I love mines. Everyones says its really heavy for a keyboard.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
It is amazing. I have the Dragon Age 2 version of it because of the red LEDs and I could not possibly go back to a non-mechanical keyboard now, or a keyboard without individually backlit keys

·
Twitch Streamer
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive heard that the space bar and shift buttons are breaking fast...

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I got the black widow ulimate and im very happy with the mechanical keyboard despite the funky combination of upper and lower case printing on the key caps.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Other than the fact that you can't pop a key off to fix it (voids warranty) I like my blackwidow. I don't really see the reason why the ultimate is so much more, because for its price I would be jumping on some other mechanical keyboards... mm want to try some different switches!

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
It's the best budget gaming mechanical keyboard for sure, and the cherry blue switch is fun to type on. If you really want a keyboard for gaming, try and get a keyboard with cherry browns though, the clicky mechanism in blues slightly get in the way of doubletaps.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
My opinion:

Pros:
-Noisy
-regular version can be one of the cheapest mechs around (got mine for like $65 on sale)
-gamer mode to turn off windows key, big left control button (compared to keyboards like Das) useful for games like SC where you don't want to accidentally hit windows key, even if it's disabled.
-macro keys, I don't personally use them, but at least I have them if I ever need them.
-quality appears good, very nice braided cable
-media keys using the fn button which replaces the right windows key - I like no extra buttons but extra useful functions.

Cons:
-Noisy
-Glossy - nowhere near as bad as a Das though, but if you're obsessed with no fingerprints on your keyboard, might be annoying.
-no NKRO

·
Twitch Streamer
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainesk;12997204
My opinion:

Pros:
-Noisy
-regular version can be one of the cheapest mechs around (got mine for like $65 on sale)
-gamer mode to turn off windows key, big left control button (compared to keyboards like Das) useful for games like SC where you don't want to accidentally hit windows key, even if it's disabled.
-macro keys, I don't personally use them, but at least I have them if I ever need them.
-quality appears good, very nice braided cable
-media keys using the fn button which replaces the right windows key - I like no extra buttons but extra useful functions.

Cons:
-Noisy
-Glossy - nowhere near as bad as a Das though, but if you're obsessed with no fingerprints on your keyboard, might be annoying.
-no NKRO
what exactly is N key roll over?

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Mine is great! Very happy with it!

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus451;12991291
It is amazing. I have the Dragon Age 2 version of it because of the red LEDs and I could not possibly go back to a non-mechanical keyboard now, or a keyboard without individually backlit keys
Is the Dragon Age II overlay something that can be removed? Or is it actually physically printed onto the KB?

Are the keys also rubbery on this board or are they more of like a neutral feel?

I love the red LEDs but don't want the graphics all over it.
frown.gif

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Mine is the regular one and the keys feel very normal. Not rubbery at all. I got this one because I don't care at all about backlighting.

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killeraxemannic;12997782
Mine is the regular one and the keys feel very normal. Not rubbery at all. I got this one because I don't care at all about backlighting.
I'm talking about the physical feeling of the keys. Or was the Ultimate the one that I'm thinking of with that crappy Razer rubber coating?

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbalt89;12997816
I'm talking about the physical feeling of the keys. Or was the Ultimate the one that I'm thinking of with that crappy Razer rubber coating?
I think the ultimate and the DA2 one have the rubber coating. The regular one which is the one I have does not have the coating

·
Twitch Streamer
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what stops USB from doing NKRO? i thought USB was like one of the best inventions ever made lol

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killeraxemannic;12997853
I think the ultimate and the DA2 one have the rubber coating. The regular one which is the one I have does not have the coating
Why can't they just make the rubber crap optional? Also the red LEDs.

Right now there's not many options for a red LED mech KB aside from the Deck Legend Fire.
frown.gif

Are there any more that you guys have seen? Red LEDs, no rubber keys, no tacky graphical overlay.

·
Banned
3,644 Posts
I love my black widow regular. I got it open box for about 60 or 65$. It is a very nice keyboard only wish it wasn't so glossy.

The ultimate version is overpriced though just for back-lights and I don't trust razer's rubber coating, seams too likely that it would just rub off.

As far as taking the key caps off to clean it and such, well you can take them off. The only way Razer can find out that you took them off is if you tell them on the phone. It's a mechanical keyboard, key caps are meant to be taken off. Razer is just being a dick about it. So when your talking to Razer support simply do not tell them anything about you removing key caps.

Also what is this graphical overlay people keep talking about? Are you sure your not confusing the Black Widow with the SS Shift, which is not a mechanical?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.