Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm concentrating on EHW, but if you guys want anything done here, let me know. I can help do some things here. Would you like to do some of the old events we used to do like Forum Folding Wars? I suppose we could put up a FAT schedule like we used to and fix a few things we're able to.

I do have the Editorial setup here, so just let me know. Badges are broken, so you can't really tell.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Chimp Challenge? Where did that go? More folding on here and less folding on other forums. Set dates on FAT and someone to help out with the stats page.We could use/take some pressure off of just a few guys that do those things .I'm concentrating on folding for OCN and only OCN. What we need is people who want to fold here and not try to bring our folders elsewhere. I have not made it to 39th in folding here or sitting at 6th currently due to hardware issues to see so many post about what can we do here but then suggest we fold elsewhere. More team work less team work some where else. Does anyone else agree??????????

·
Premium Member
13,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chimp Challenge? Where did that go? More folding on here and less folding on other forums. Set dates on FAT and someone to help out with the stats page.We could use/take some pressure off of just a few guys that do those things .I'm concentrating on folding for OCN and only OCN. What we need is people who want to fold here and not try to bring our folders elsewhere. I have not made it to 39th in folding here or sitting at 6th currently due to hardware issues to see so many post about what can we do here but then suggest we fold elsewhere. More team work less team work some where else. Does anyone else agree??????????
I think many people might actually not like everything that's gone on here. There's a reason why it's stagnant most of the time. I'll help keep the team events going, but EHW Ownership is in the enthusiasts hands, like what this place was a while ago when it flourished, and owned by the Manager here. Still love the community. Maybe someone just needs a little spunk to light things back up here, but it's not going to be me.

I tried to save CC. It just didn't work out. No one could agree on the stats. Then when 2 or 3 did, the others refused to participate. No one tried to do anything about it here since then, I believe.

Yeah you're tearing it up though. Nice work!

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
I'll just say I do miss the Forum Folding War in addition to the TC. I think I was around for the last two FFWs and it was really cool to see everyone trying to rally together a team to contribute for an extended period of time (relative to a FaT), though they were hard to score.

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
I want badges back, that's what I really want :'(

·
OCN Dinosaurian Member
1,978 Posts
We both know that's in the owners hands, and because of that, I doubt they'll ever be back.

I really hope you’re wrong about that, I have 16+ years worth of badges from folding / BOINC here and miss seeing them a lot! 🙁

What happened to BOINC BTW? I haven’t been involved with it lately and just noticed there is no thread for that now? I would love to hear about a few (What happened??) moments in OCN history, I never heard about any of them but always wondered...

• Rep+
Reactions: Cerberus

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
I really hope you’re wrong about that, I have 16+ years worth of badges from folding / BOINC here and miss seeing them a lot! 🙁

What happened to BOINC BTW? I haven’t been involved with it lately and just noticed there is no thread for that now? I would love to hear about a few (What happened??) moments in OCN history, I never heard about any of them but always wondered...
The OCN BOINC team is still around and crunching away. Like most of the forum, the activity in the BOINC section has gone down, but there are still a fair number of us putting up points even if we're not posting regularly. Overclock.net BOINC Team

·
OCN Dinosaurian Member
1,978 Posts
Thanks tictoc, I was concerned for a minute. Like many I’m still trying to find some new video cards before I get serious again. Nice to have a link to find it now, thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts