Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Here's how I drain mine.

I uncap the t-line then the drain line and the loop gets drained in a few secs.

And yes, that is a battery plugging the drain line.

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
I just put a T in my lowest line with a length of tubing on it and a brass Fil-Port on the end of that works great...Thats it hanging on my rad...

Pic.. Full Side

...Brass Fil-Port

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Whenever I feel like fiddling with something new in the loop.

·
Banned
298 Posts
It's so much easier to drain when everything is sideways, my case is flat so I get lots of pockets of coolant.

There are options though, turning the case upside down, blowing on the tubing, or even sticking a compressor in one end, water pistol style

·
Fettered Firewall
2,491 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi
View Post

T-lines really help for draining. There really is no need for a reservoir.

Whole heartedly agree there!

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
I have my loop set up with my pump at the very bottom, and right before the pump is a T-line. On the end of that T is a little hose, and a Dangerden Fillport. I havent used it yet, but its perfectly set up to drain the entire loop. I have a pic in my rig gallery that you can see it.

·
Premium Member
7,426 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBungle
View Post

how often do you guys have to do that?

Maybe once or twice a year, it really depends how dirty it is. If there's a gunk and algae (cloudy), it's a good idea to drain / refill it.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi
View Post

T-lines really help for draining. There really is no need for a reservoir.

I'm getting rid of my res the next time I have to drain and redo my loop. I just topped it off last week so it will be in about 4 months. I'll replace all the lines and clean out the waterblocks then as well. The tubing is cheap enough and it doesn't take too long to cut and redo. Then I'll make myself a t-line.

·
Banned
298 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 0rion
View Post

I have my loop set up with my pump at the very bottom, and right before the pump is a T-line. On the end of that T is a little hose, and a Dangerden Fillport. I havent used it yet, but its perfectly set up to drain the entire loop. I have a pic in my rig gallery that you can see it.

Hmm if I spotted it correctly that tline is bending upwards from the pump, which means everything after the pump won't drain also the rad will stay full, not that it still won't be easy to do, just need to do some acrobatics to get it all out.

·
Banned
298 Posts
is that T made of brass or something? Make sure you have some strong corrosion inhibitor or you'll get galvanic corrosion as possible nickel + copper + brass are contacting.

not entirely sure, but I think that's right.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by born2killU
View Post

I just pull the tube on my rad and let it leak out on my driveway

I see that your not exactly Mr. Greenpeace. But why waste it? You could use it to poison some nice furry animals.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts