Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
found myself a fairly unique radiator (all i know is its made my a company called 1A-Cooling) which has 2 80mm fans and fits in 2 5.25" bays, its a little longer than an optical drive, but takes regular G1/4 barbs. here are pics:

the fans installed push a fair bit of air when at 12v, and arent *that* noisy, but at what i assume is 5v they are silent, not a bad find, only cost me £10....but what i want to know is, what do we think it could cool? I doubt a modern processor, but maybe nb/sb/mosfets? or perhaps even a GPU?

thoughts please!
thanks
Nick

edit: the actual radiator stops about a third of the way into the length of it, to give you an idea of size. the rest is taken up by the fans.

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
It could probably cool a GPU alright. Its definitely not a high end radiator so you're probably right about it not cooling a modern chip. The fins also look aluminum, so you're looking at a little less capacity there. My GPU always ran hot, and I just piped it into my dual heatercore radiator for cooling, and it didnt affect CPU temps greatly, so Im thinking that the GPU wont throw off massive amounts of heat. It should be able to do a GPU decently.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that
do you think it could cool an i7 mosfet/nb/nf200 (not the actual cpu just those chipsets)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well if i use feser or primochill coolant dont they have anti-corrosion and anti algae stuff in them anyway?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so if i had a copper wb and this alu radiator it would...whatsitsname would happen (is it electrolysis or something? I failed chemistry XD ) and i'd get corrosion?

thanks
Nick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts