Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's a very open question. I would like to watch series and all that. And I got VPN for example. I was thinking about Netflix, XBMC? My monitor (1440p 27") will be used for watching, or maybe getting another monitor, because I listen music trough Denon + B&W 201i set, by using Spotify.

So this is for some suggestion, if you like.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
xbmc is now called Kodi. get that and the stream all the sources add on. I pretty much find everything i look for on there. I also use netflix because my wife likes it and is unwilling to try Kodi

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegan View Post

xbmc is now called Kodi. get that and the stream all the sources add on. I pretty much find everything i look for on there. I also use netflix because my wife likes it and is unwilling to try Kodi
Thanks, I tried it. And installed ' SuperRepo'. I think that add a lot of video sources. I tried channel1 and Genesis for example. It's all there.. really cool.. but SD. Is Netflix all in (full) HD format?

·
Aint da way it used to be
2,837 Posts
Netflix is good. There are some good hidden gems on there beyond all the usual stuff. Things like independent films, and documentaries. Also a few normal TV series'. Amazon is similar, and between the two there is always something to watch.

For a very nice alternative there is VidAngel. there is no cost to join, and it is is basically a rental service with no annual fees. There are some details too complicated to explain shortly, but we have been using it for a month or so. The advantages of this service are that it has many titles that you just will not find on Netflix or Amazon, and you only pay for the ones you watch. They are very quick getting the new releases. Also, if you want, you can edit out mature material, (that is it's main focus, and they require you to edit at least one thing, but you can just choose to edit the credits if you want.) The editing process is easy and fast. Check them out here. Overall teh experience with them has been good. A few streaming issues, and not a very wide gamut of device support, but they have an app that works well, and are working towards more devices. They are new, but are working hard to improve. They also have EXCELLENT customer service I have had many personal email conversations with them. They are dedicated to providing a good product. Definitely worth your time to investigate that.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hulu+ is great. I believe there is an ad free subscription. It gets shows around a week after release instead of after the season release. I don't know if Netflix has changed, but, last I checked, they released finished seasons of TV shows, not individual episodes. If you want all the shows, you might as well get all major subscription services. Netflix, Hulu+, Amazon Prime, and whatever else you might need. No single service has everything. For example, I really enjoy Top Gear. Hulu no longer carries Top Gear seasons, but Netflix does. If you can, try and organize with friends. If your neighbor has a Netflix account, ask him/ her if he/ she would like to share the account in exchange for sharing your Hulu+ account. Similar to a car pool, but with video streaming services.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts