Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
New to OCN?
26,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I was looking for another mouse and I saw "Logitech G400" does it have a good sensor?Is it for right-handed?What do you think about that mouse ?

mod. 910-002277

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have heard great things of it, the g500 is more popular from what i have seen
also im using the alienware tactx which is a g9 clone and love it I would vouch for it as well

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
You can read some user reviews here: http://www.overclock.net/mice/105423...00-review.html

But overall if you've ever used the MX510/MX518 it has a similar body (slightly different texture), it does have a higher DPI (3600) as opposed to the older one and its a pretty solid mouse for regular use. While some people will nitpick on some features like prediction and acceleration but its very light and wont be a big problem. I personally haven't tried the G400 but I have used the MX518 for a long time and it served me very well. I did however move on to the G9x as I am more of a claw type user but my sights are somewhere else.

If the G400 acts anyway like the MX518 its pretty solid on games, did pretty well on shooters and they did improve on the things the MX518 lacked such as response rate. Very responsive, you can map out the buttons with the gaming software, dpi switch on the fly, durability (10mil clicks guaranteed?), doesnt cost as much so thats always a plus

·
Just another nerd
5,905 Posts
The only negative feedback I've heard is about the bundled software. Better not to even load it since it introduces jitter once it's installed.

·
Premium Member
9,896 Posts
I'm using one right now. Love it. I came from a mx518 that I loved though. Not a bad little gaming mouse for the price, IMO. Comfortable. I like that I can switch dpi (sensitivity) on the fly.

Not that this matter much, but the dark grey matte finish of the g400 is much better than the old marble swirly design of the old mx518.

I got mine OEM, so I didn't even bother installing any software, so I can't speak to that. Works fine with Win7 x64 out of the box, so I'm not sure why you would install any software.

Jitter is the mouse cursor moving on screen even when the mouse isn't moving. Bascially if you were to draw a straight line in mspaint, even if you did it well, the line would be all shakey looking.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PontiacGTX
View Post

what is jitter?

Jitter from software is when the mouse sporadically moves or shakes the cursor, if that happens some people prefer not to install the software from logitech and just use the default drivers.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by UZ7
View Post

Jitter from software is when the mouse sporadically moves or shakes the cursor, if that happens some people prefer not to install the software from logitech and just use the default drivers.

this software issue is nothing to get your heart rate up, setpoint has this problem for as long as i can remember...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got mine 2 weeks ago....
Prediction is quite high and weigth is little bit too high for me, but this is a preference thing.
I also don't like mousewheel, bad grip and clicking is too stiff

No jitter problems with software for me...

Sent from my LT15i

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by obi.van.kenobi
View Post

this software issue is nothing to get your heart rate up, setpoint has this problem for as long as i can remember...

True but the G400 doesn't use setpoint, it uses logitech gaming software which is also used for numerous G-series keyboards and have various profiles etc... not everyone will have the same symptoms as some will have problems while others won't, it was a known problem a while back so most logitech techs would always say if you experience it with or without software but you know.. Could be a software could be a hardware

·
SpaceStationGaming
9,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by smaudioz
View Post

There's a new g400 being released this month, model number is 910-002279

Wait for that one it might be improved.

Do you have a source for this?

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Quote:

View Post

That part number is showing it's already released.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Maybe thats an international version? mine came from logitech last week and it says 910-002277.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm currently using a couple optical mice to find the one I prefer the most. The G400 is one of them. The others are CM Spawn and Roccat Kova +.

While I prefer the shape of the Roccat. The G400 is at the top of the pack. I'm having more success tracking in FPS with the G400. Also the buttons are easier to find (side) and click.

Negative, it feels of cheaper quality than other gaming mice I've owned but it cost less so...

Long story short the G400 is A-ok in my book however I still had greater success with my G500 in FPS. I kept reading that optical sensors are better in this forum but so far I've found the opposite.
wth.gif

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by UZ7
View Post

While some people will nitpick on some features like prediction and acceleration but its very light and wont be a big problem.

It has moderate prediction which is a preference. Acceleration is not present.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheyster
View Post

The only negative feedback I've heard is about the bundled software. Better not to even load it since it introduces jitter once it's installed.

Which is really minimal and gets fixed this month, maybe already is, haven't checked yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anubis1127
View Post

Not that this matter much, but the dark grey matte finish of the g400 is much better than the old marble swirly design of the old mx518.

Hell yeah!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PontiacGTX
View Post

Ok, Than you! What do you think about Razer Arctosa?

It's a keyboard. I'd look at mechanical keyboards and at other brands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizmo
View Post

Prediction is quite high

It's moderate. Look at Kinzu and you have your high prediction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizmo
View Post

I also don't like mousewheel, bad grip and clicking is too stiff

Yeah, it's really not a good mousewheel. Feels kinda mushy when scrolling and as you mentioned a stiff click.

Quote:

View Post

Source please.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by detto87
View Post

Source please.

If you look on online sellers in the UK and probably other countries too, it says release date in October and the model number is 910-002279. Because of this I thought well maybe this is a revised model, so I searched for the model number of another g400 and it said 910-002277.

Here's an Aria link: http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Perip...roductId=46126

"Discontinued" "Restock date: 21/10/2011"

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/logit...on-3600dpi-usb

Logitech G400 Optical Gaming Mouse
910-002279 - Logitech G400 Black Gaming Mouse 8 Button 3600dpi USB

Scan code

Manufacturer code

LN41822
910-002279
Item due on 17 October 2011.

Pre Order Item
Item due on 17 October 2011.

You can hardly get hold of it anywhere and anywhere that has it says it's in stock later this month

Edit: actually it seems some places have it, it's on overclockers.co.uk - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=KB-200-LG

don't know what's going on with all the pre-order stuff on other websites then.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Good sensor and mouse, but only if you don't mind significant angle snapping/prediction. I'd say the Deathadder is a better mouse because it does not have the snapping. But if you don't mind it then the G400 is a good option.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts