Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you recommend this case?

If not, please recommend me a good case and state why its better...I'm planning on running 5970cf
Don't tell me about my processor please. I'm already aware it would bottleneck.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
go for the Cosmos S, HAF932 or HAF-X. they have a much better design, build quality, and the latter two have great ventillation. The HAF-X also comes with dust filters, which is a big bonus over the HAF932.

·
Registered
863 Posts
HAF 932 or maybe a CM Stacker series case. Both have great airflow and both have the ability to have 4 120mm fans on the side panel which 2 5970's could definitely use in conjunction with the front intake fans.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, thanks for recommending, but I have a question.
The case in the OP doesn't absolutely suck right?
I mean, just want to know how bad my taste is.

Also, what about the Antec 1200. I've heard a lot of good new surrounding that case. is it better than the TT?
If yes, why so?

Sorry for so much questions...

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vinton13 View Post
Well, thanks for recommending, but I have a question.
The case in the OP doesn't absolutely suck right?
I mean, just want to know how bad my taste is.

Also, what about the Antec 1200. I've heard a lot of good new surrounding that case. is it better than the TT?
If yes, why so?

Sorry for so much questions...
The 1200 is alot better, but you couldn't go wrong with a refurbished Stacker 830.

Clicky

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
depending on your budget for a new case, you could do much better than the TT Armor.

the CM690II (regular) is like $85 and is a decent case for water cooling, but a little tight. As you increase your budget, you can find awesome cases, like the Silverstone TJ07 for $350.

The HAF-932 is decent, depending if you like that type of style. another case i'd reccomend is the Cosmos S. keep an eye on the For Sale section to find a good deal (even better if it's local), you can save some money and probably find a case above your budget for a decent price.

keep in mind, some case manufacturers simply use better design/structure and materials for their case, which is reflected in their prices. For example, Cooler Master has some decent cases, but consider the amount of tacky plastic they use, when compared to Silverstone or Lian Li's, who tend to use minimal plastic, and have nicer designs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts