Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys....

I have played about 2 hours - if not more even- this game, Borderlands, and I have reached -almost- the end of LEVEL 2, and I think the game is not that interesting

it's not boring, though it's cartooned, in the time that all games have been designed to be more life-like appearance, but it's still not bad. and not interesting on the other hand.

so what do you think ???, will the next levels be better ?? or the view/ area will keep being the same, with only some new jobs to achieve, like finding food/ buying some new weapons and what not ??

- what you think ???

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
i agree. i really disliked the game. it was really annoying, and you spent almost all of your time wasting ammo against enemies that are 2 or 3 levels higher than you. the storyline was so thin too.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
It doesn't take that long to beat. You bought the game, may as well finish the first playthrough at least. It might grow on you.

I think the game is really fun. It's like diablo in first person with guns. The game is very much just about finding cool guns and killing stuff with them. It's not really story driven or challenging at all, it's just good fun blowing up bad guys and stuff.

·
No desktop currently :(
2,134 Posts
It does get more entertaining once you get more powerful weaponry. Just don't expect a good ending to the story. This game has probably one of the worst endings in any video game I've ever played.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_0ctogon
View Post

It does get more entertaining once you get more powerful weaponry. Just don't expect a good ending to the story. This game has probably one of the worst endings in any video game I've ever played.

Agreed on the ending, it was horrid. Having said that, I loved this game. Purchased every DLC so far and will continue to do so until they stop making them.

You really need to attain at least level 10 before you can give this game a full assessment. It will get better. The story is decent at best, but the characters are engaging and funny. Gameplay is fun as hell.

Overall, I highly enjoyed this game. Be sure to play with others, or even better, play with your close friends. The game will feel a hell of a lot better if you do.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
You want to say the game isn't that fun and give up at level 2 of 50(or 61 with the DLC)? Low levels are never that fun. Once you level up some, get some better guns, and open some more areas it gets really fun. I will admit the long drives/runs are annoying sometimes.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
This game has almost no story at all to it, the story it does have is horrible.

The action is in the 4 player co-op. You NEED to play this game co-op, otherwise it is pretty boring in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
no clue what you guys are on about, i have 6 lvl 50+ chars on pc and another 4 on ps3, it takes me an hour to get to lvl 20

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
well i got to level 15 before i gave up. i just goit way too frustrated with running into "Badass" enemies every which way i turn, whilst being ambushed by flaming psychos and midget shotgunners

·
Banned
11,409 Posts
LOL you apparently bought the game for all the wrong reasons.

The mindless midgets with shotguns, barbaric killings, ridiculous story line and hundreds of thousands (yes its true!) of weapons are all what makes the game brilliant.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lxcivic2k1
View Post

You want to say the game isn't that fun and give up at level 2 of 50(or 61 with the DLC)? Low levels are never that fun. Once you level up some, get some better guns, and open some more areas it gets really fun. I will admit the long drives/runs are annoying sometimes.

This.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_0ctogon
View Post

And this.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I wished it was more like Diablo where you farm somewhat challenging bosses for PHAT LEWTZ instead of farming chests in Haven. Has this changed yet? I haven't touched Borderlands after a couple of weeks from release date. The ending was really disappointing with a very disappointing endgame boss.

Oh and I wished in PvP, guns would do 50% or so less dmg so people can't oneshot. It would make PvP battles more entertaining.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by enarr
View Post

I wished it was more like Diablo where you farm somewhat challenging bosses for PHAT LEWTZ instead of farming chests in Haven. Has this changed yet?

Crawmerax. in the General Knoxx dlc
Also, the red chests in Haven have been replaced with white ones in an update because of the farming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by enarr
View Post

Oh and I wished in PvP, guns would do 50% or so less dmg so people can't oneshot. It would make PvP battles more entertaining.

I completely agree with you on this.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts