Overclock.net banner

From personal experience, how is it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I bought components for my friends new system and the store was out of UD3P mobos, I ended up buying UD3LR. Is it any good for stability and OC? Or did I make a mistake? I'd like to hear from owners of this mobo. TIA _Russkiy_
LL

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
My brother just recently picked up the GA-EP45T-UD3LR, the only different is it's a DDR3 board.

As for overclocking, well, it's not half bad, I was able to get a Q8400 up to 389x8=3.11ghz

Not to bad if I do say so my self. The low multi of the chip, and overall poor performance of a Q series CPU was the harder part. With a Q6x00 or Q9xxx chip you should do just fine.

·
Banned
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot
View Post

My brother just recently picked up the GA-EP45T-UD3LR, the only different is it's a DDR3 board.

As for overclocking, well, it's not half bad, I was able to get a Q8400 up to 389x8=3.11ghz

Not to bad if I do say so my self. The low multi of the chip, and overall poor performance of a Q series CPU was the harder part. With a Q6x00 or Q9xxx chip you should do just fine.

Cool, so E8500 should have no problem hitting 4ghz ?

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Russkiy
View Post

Cool, so E8500 should have no problem hitting 4ghz ?

Well, I can't say for sure, as that's completely chip reliant.

But, you should be able to do 389x9.5 for 3.695ghz atleast. Though, if this board can hit 400 FSB you'll be at 3.8ghz

Still it's up to you, and with a Q8400 I don't really have an option to test to see how far I can go up in the FSB category.

·
Banned
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot
View Post

Well, I can't say for sure, as that's completely chip reliant.

But, you should be able to do 389x9.5 for 3.695ghz atleast. Though, if this board can hit 400 FSB you'll be at 3.8ghz

Still it's up to you, and with a Q8400 I don't really have an option to test to see how far I can go up in the FSB category.

Thanks, for your response mate! I'd also likie to hear from more people, where is everyone!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I am sure you can hit 4Ghz easily with the E8500 since it has a higher multiplier, and even easier if its an E0.

Attempt these settings
Set your multiplier to 9.5

FSB Frequency [425]
CPU Voltage [1.35]

That should be an easy 4Ghz for you

·
Banned
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by nemesi5
View Post

I am sure you can hit 4Ghz easily with the E8500 since it has a higher multiplier, and even easier if its an E0.

Attempt these settings
Set your multiplier to 9.5

FSB Frequency [425]
CPU Voltage [1.35]

That should be an easy 4Ghz for you

Thanks man, I'll definately try those settings! How do you like your Q9550? Yesterdeay I bought one from MicroCenter for $170 brand new but havent tried it because I need a new mobo. StrikerExtreme doesn't support 45nm quads. Is it pretty fast without OCing w/12mb cache?

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
I'm sure that your mb can hit well over 400fsb. The older P35-ds3l were easily able to do 400fsb and all of the P45-ud3 boards have been proven to clock well into the 500fsb range. I don't think you will have a problem at all reaching 4.0ghz due to the mb. The chip should be able reach 4.0ghz fairly easy as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts