Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I sold my sig rig and now it's time to build a new one. I still have my SSD and HDD so I'm going to reuse those and I'm picking up an i7 920 CPU from microcenter tomorrow.
Here are the specs:



What do you guys think? Anything I should change?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by Angmaar
View Post

That looks good. But you may want lower profile RAM if you are planing on using high performance heatsinks.

What do you suggest?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
get the Lancool PC-62K i love this case its awsome, and what Angmaar said you dont need big heat spreaders on your ram they dont get that hot so you can get a bigger cpu cooler to OC the CPU
 

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
Joined
·
4,521 Posts
i would stick with the ram, and instead of a high performance air cooling garbage solution, get yourself a h50 to run that i7 easily on 4ghz for the same price with no space issues in your case


8/10 (reason: asus board / i dont like it
)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,726 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAYoN_EaTeR View Post
get the Lancool PC-62K i love this case its awsome, and what Angmaar said you dont need big heat spreaders on your ram they dont get that hot so you can get a bigger cpu cooler to OC the CPU
This!

Xmisery's inside case shot...

 

·
Banned
Joined
·
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:


Originally Posted by Jocelyn84
View Post

Arrrgh, I totally hate my Antec 902
but that is a good price.

Why do you hate it? I like the build design and quality and I used to own a 300 and loved it so the 902 is a nice upgrade to me. What other cases do you prefer besides the lancool? I'm considering it.

Quote:


Originally Posted by hitman1985
View Post

i would stick with the ram, and instead of a high performance air cooling garbage solution, get yourself a h50 to run that i7 easily on 4ghz for the same price with no space issues in your case


8/10 (reason: asus board / i dont like it
)

Yea I plan to get an H50 in the future for this rig so I'm going with this ram. What's wrong with the mobo?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,726 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by b0klau
View Post

Why do you hate it? I like the build design and quality and I used to own a 300 and loved it so the 902 is a nice upgrade to me. What other cases do you prefer besides the lancool? I'm considering it.


The 902 isn't really a bad case, it keeps very components cool!
I don't like the side window at all looks wise and it has some limitations with the H50 ie; you can't use shrouds and fan on the window, nor can you mount the H50 against the back of the case wall should you care to mount fans on the backside of the case.
I also don't like the hard drive bays not being sideways, because it limits me to 3 usable bays with my SLI setup. Then again I don't think your cards are 10.5 inches long, so you might be okay. Furthermore, I got my case brand new for $60 from a local guy who does reviews online, and in some ways, I wish I had never purchased it. Do keep in mind I'm a female, and while my opinion is probably biased, its just not sleek enough looking for me.

I like a lot of expensive cases like Silverstone's FT01 and FT02 lol, but I'm holding out until April 20th for this
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
654 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by b0klau
View Post

What other cases do you prefer besides the lancool? I'm considering it.

Silverstone Raven RV01

Silverstone Fortress FT02

Both Absolutely awesome casings and both are worlds better than that antec.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jocelyn84 View Post
The 902 isn't really a bad case, it keeps very components cool!
I don't like the side window at all looks wise and it has some limitations with the H50 ie; you can't use shrouds and fan on the window, nor can you mount the H50 against the back of the case wall should you care to mount fans on the backside of the case.
I also don't like the hard drive bays not being sideways, because it limits me to 3 usable bays with my SLI setup. Then again I don't think your cards are 10.5 inches long, so you might be okay. Furthermore, I got my case brand new for $60 from a local guy who does reviews online, and in some ways, I wish I had never purchased it. Do keep in mind I'm a female, and while my opinion is probably biased, its just not sleek enough looking for me.

I like a lot of expensive cases like Silverstone's FT01 and FT02 lol, but I'm holding out until April 20th for this
Wow you got a pretty good deal on that case. I'm still deciding on what case to go with for now so I'm not going for the 902 just yet. I like the design, it's like a 300 which I used to own, but with a cleaner look and a black finish on the inside. Plus I'm going to frys tomorrow to check out the cases they got. Or I might just have to wait until april 20th for that case! Wow it looks nice and clean, I like cases like that. Have any idea how much it's going to retail for?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top